Best stamps you've received

I apologize for posting again, but I just received this stamp today from user @bas31 on CZ-1746401. It was love at first sight, and I think you all will enjoy it, too:

First of all, it’s hilarious in itself. But then I looked up the text, and I found this.

Now that the song was stuck in my head, I needed to know more:

A man driving through the Czech region of Moravia in a Škoda 100 finds a village terrorized by a monster named Jožin, who eats mainly tourists from Prague. The chairman of the local collective farm (Czech: JZD) promises half of the JZD, and his daughter’s hand in marriage, if the man defeats the monster. The man asks for a cropduster plane, the only known weapon against the monster, catches Jožin, and then decides to just sell him to a zoo. [Wikipedia]

My day is made, and I will treasure this stamp forever. :smile:

65 Likes

I don’t ask for unique stamps in my profile, so I usually just get the regular ones sent to me. But I’ve found some of them pretty cool:

43 Likes

I want to share those solar terms stamps as well,I just love them and bought lots of those stamps,:smiley:

chech out the all 24 stamps showing the different periods of the four seasans.

and check out this complete set of the stamps!

this special sheet is too expensive and I can’t afford it, :joy:

148 Likes

I love this Arctic Circle stamp,but it’s too much to use this stamp for a single postcard.

I think the heart-shaped part of the stamp can be scratched off,but I didn’t do it as I’m afraid of destorying this special stamp.

70 Likes

Oh that’s soooo cool! :heart_eyes:

I really like when UK postcrossers use other stamps besides the Queen’s head! :rofl:

These are adorable!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

51 Likes

Wonderful fashion stamps on a UK card received today! (although I don’t love the faceless women…).

21 Likes

I am glad that you liked our crazy stuff. I have no idea why it is so popular, especially when it is so stupid. But funny enough I guess :smiley:

Though… I had no idea we had stamp like that!

19 Likes

It is precisely the kind of stupid that fills my heart with joy. :joy: I must have watched the video a dozen times and have introduced Jožin to my friends and family, who were also delighted by the absurdity.

I also only just realized that the stamp is inspired by Ivan Mládek’s own work! Banjo player, comedian, and painter! :astonished:

5 Likes

I loved the stamp with a baby dormouse/haselmaus recently received on a card from Germany.

90 Likes

I once received a Nutella stamp from Italy. Love it! :yum:

And of course Tom of Finland stamps from Finland are also my fav! :wink:

This flower stamp from Germany is very commonly seen but the panda cancellation made it unique. :relaxed:

72 Likes

Looking through my cards today, I found the first official card I received, from Thailand, with this beautiful stamp:

And it matches the front of the card:

47 Likes

From Ukraine, a beautiful joined pair.

84 Likes

I really like when the stamps match each other.
Like this Canadian reptile combo:

or Batman with a matching butterfly:

But my single favorite received stamp was probably this one:

matching my avatar and everything <3

47 Likes

That ‘Dino Mail’ Prioritaire label on the first is really cute too.

5 Likes

My Austrian friend got me interested in stamps. Austria really experiments with stamps: they have been made of leather, textile, glass, china, wood, (the latest of toilet paper!), with crystals, meteorite dust, there are blockchain stamps and who knows what! Here are some stamps that I have received from Austria:

It would be hard to choose the best stamps I have received as there are so many beautiful, cute and interesting ones, so here is just a small selection:

I often like Xmas stamps, but those Halloween stamps are gorgeous and I was so thrilled to get that Dalek stamp! It is great to see all the different kinds of stamps that exist. I think stamps are an art form.

53 Likes

Lovely American dog stamps

44 Likes

Ireland has put out a set of Father Ted, 25th anniversary stamps

2 Likes

There are so many amazing stamps from pretty much all countries that I find it extremely hard not to post a list of a hundred beautiful stamps. :grin: So here are just a few of my favourites - I might come back later to add more … :wink:

43 Likes

Some nice ones I received this week:

From Japan, love these matching scenes

From Russia - I love these old wooden buildings. I think I have seen a photo of this one before, can anyone identify it?

And a nice mix of animal, folklore and historical sites.

41 Likes