Unusual (shaped, fabric, embroidery, cork, etc) stamps!

That’s melon :laughing:

1 Like

OMG! It would be incredibly bold to make a stamp with the scent of potato! :laughing:

3 Likes

I too thought first that it was a potato and I have to admit for a short moment I was really excited about potato stamp with potato scent :pensive:

7 Likes

These speedskater stamps are 3D and move like they’re skating

13 Likes

Fabric / cloth stamp with traditional Batik pattern

Leather / light hide stamp

3D Hologram Souvenir Sheet - 150th Anniversary of the First Stamps in Indonesia

3D Hologram stamps Indonesia-Thailand Joint Issue

Round stamp with embossed gold foil

Turtle shaped stamp

24 Likes

I think Austria has many beautiful special stamps.
This one I think funny, it has been issued last year:

The back side is like a sticker stamp, however stamp sheet I won’t use for postage, as the sheet is as large as a postcard. :slight_smile:
(on the right I put a picture of the stamp itself).

30 Likes

From Canada I received this 3D (feel-able) gold shining Year of the Dragon-dragon:

29 Likes

From Spain a bridge which is not a bridge, it has been left out of the stamp so you can see the card behind it:

24 Likes

2022 Beijing Winter Olympic under UV light

39 Likes

stamp"The History Exhibition Hall of the Communist Party of China"

1 Like

With Swarovski being an Austrian company, it is obvious that we also put some sparkle on our stamps :gem:

A single crystal for this Christmas stamp

And for the fireworks a special “crystal fabric” was applied to this joint issue with Hong Kong.

34 Likes

Wow! Such a great example of the potential of using UV light technique on stamps! Usually they’re just put on some highlights or something small that is hidden in a corner… but in this stamp, they went all out with it! :smiley:

5 Likes

“The History Exhibition Hall of the Communist Party of China” under UV light

14 Likes

Aaaah! I was wondering what was special about the stamp, or whether I had missed something! :sweat_smile:

This Japanese set of stamps have a texture like the elevations of a sofa, I’m not sure if you can see below:

24 Likes

This italian stamp of 2007 has been printed on wood veneer 0,3 mm thick:

Of course it has no standard perforation on edges, but an hatch trace.
Separation of single stamps require attention because wood has always preferred separation lines not necessarily coincident with stamp’s borders.

It represents St.Vincent’s basilique in Galliano, near Cantu, Como province.
Value is for a priority domestic shipment within 100 g (so called Posta1, since it is delivered in 1 working day).

21 Likes

I’ve been sending my cards with these Christmas stamps lately. They are round and glow in the dark. First pic is from the post office website.

46 Likes

Swiss stamp dedicated to swiss wood, issued on september 7, 2004, of course printed on spruce veneer :wink:

CH2004

16 Likes

some of the new TRex stamps are a hologram, move them and they change…USPS has had a few others that do this

15 Likes

I think it’s “special stamp day” today as I received 4 special stamps today :smiley:

19 Likes