Unusual (shaped, fabric, embroidery, cork, etc) stamps!

Have you stumbled on any unusual stamps lately? Maybe they’re made of a different material, hide a secret somewhere… or maybe they’re just an unusual shape and super cool!

Like this one from Spain, featuring a real net over the stamp:

or this one made of cork, from Portugal:

If so, please share them in this topic! I love to discover all these philatelic “innovations”! :slight_smile:

65 Likes

How interesting! I have this one, in silk, and it’s very particular as it has a double use. You may use it as a huge stamp (it measures 14,3cm x 9,2cm) OR you may use it as an envelope, keeping the backside protection and opening one side.

18 Likes

I have never seen such stamps from unusual materials. But if we speak about shape, Rusmarka has issued several series of triangular stamps and some round/oval stamps.

Summary

Also I once used shaped stamps with Olimpic games symbols. I’ve never seen them since then.

27 Likes

As far as I know Olympic stamps are only allowed to be sold on the year of the event, after that they all should be taken out (like Olympic Committee rules)

2 Likes

Last year I received this Austrian fabric / embroidered stamp. When I was young we always went to Austria for summerholidays and we saw many of these typical hats. I don’t collect stamps and give them away to other PCers, but this one I just had to keep for all those good memories :grinning:

46 Likes

Austria has so many interesting materials stamps! The porcelain one or the coronavirus one, printed on toilet paper. Or with genuine ski coating:
austria-ski-tips-stamp

17 Likes

Google Photos
AUSTRIA porclain stamp

Google Photos
AUSTRIA glow in the dark

Google Photos
BELGIUM colour change by heat. Reveals weather symbols

Google Photos
RUSSIA - Apple scent

Google Photos
SOUTH AFRICA - 3D image

No images - will seach them K have others made with sea Salt (I think they were from Slovenia) and lenticular from Finnland and USA

39 Likes

In 2017 the USPS issued a Total Eclipse stamp. It was heat sensitive, so when you held your thumb over it, the moon appeared. Here are the two views:

More information can be found here:

USPS Eclipse stamp

55 Likes

Indian post has be releasing stamps with different fragrance for a quiet a while now…

Eg.

and a brilliant coffee stamp

and a stamp printed on Khadi

and here’s a link to an article about more such stamps of India

Best regards

33 Likes

I liked these popsicle stamps issued in 2018, they were scented. After scratching, they smelled like watermelon

frozen treat stamps

27 Likes

Hi!
Interesting topic. I am a huge fan of these things and have been collecting Odd and Unusual for the last 6 years.

Country wise my collection,

and my favourite one is,

3 Likes

Small stamps in plus shape for additions from Finland - brilliant idea if you ask me. :smiley:

Austria again - round stamp with shiny foil and 3D structure.

German apple, lemon & strawberry scented stamps:

Dutch stamp (upper left) with flower seeds!!!

German stamp with braille writing (so you can feel it with your fingers!):

Snowflake-shaped stamp from Russia:

26 Likes

UV visible marks in Chinese stamps

29 Likes

UV visible marks in Chinese stamps No.2

19 Likes

UV visible marks in Chinese stamps No.3

20 Likes

A penpal from Austria sent me this really pretty embroidered stamp. I was floored!

s-l400

45 Likes

Last month I received a postcard from Spain with an amazing stamp! Unusual shape. I am delighted!

23 Likes

What an amazing collection! It’s so great to see what’s all possible :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :smiley:

I remember those!.
A couple of years ago, you could “built” a Nativity scene with the Christmas stamps from Correos.
They were very lovely. And the Baby Jesus stamp, was the smaller stamp ever issued in Spain.

12 Likes