Unusual (shaped, fabric, embroidery, cork, etc) stamps!

Whoa, that sounds quite cute! :heart_eyes: Are there pictures of these stamps somewhere online? I tried searching for “sellos navidad espana” but couldn’t find it…

1 Like

https://colnect.com/en/stamps/list/country/199-Spain/series/220438o258356o300218-Christmas_2015-OR-Christmas_2016-OR-Christmas_2017

:wink:

7 Likes

Aaaaaah! Your google-fu is strong @bom_dia! :smiley:

I think I was expecting a complete Nativity scene and not separate stamps from different years… I guess that’s what confused me. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I have just received Netherlands stamps with seeds

14 Likes

All five scents:

Also apparently Austria has 5 in total of embroidery stamps and even one leather

41 Likes

Sorry for the misunderstanding. They were issued in consecutive years and I found them worthy, because the rest of the time we get a regular Nativity image as Christmas stamp (like the one below).

I also remember a special stamp issued in Spain for the Europe collection in 2015, the theme was Toys and Correos issued a wooden train stamp and if you scratch it, you could smeel something like pine wood. The image is from TodoColeccion.net because I’ve sent the last of those stamps last year. Still had some smell.

11 Likes

I receivrd that EUROPA stamp, but never realized that it has a smell. Will search for it to see if it still smells

3 Likes

This old Moomin stamp had felt like coating:

21 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Forever Message Monsters 2021 stamps this year. They come with little stickers to personalize them, much like the Royal Mail Fruit & Veg stamps from 2003.

23 Likes

Do you remember the topic of this stamps? All the Finnish stamps can been seen at Postmuseum pages www.postimuseo.fi/postimerkit/ but it is only in Finnish.

1 Like

I think it was about skiing - wintersports or somthing like that

In Finland these children’s book characters Tatu and Patu are so cute and fun. The story is that they made the pictures to stamps by them self that is why they look like this :slight_smile:

Besides the funny shapes there are little holes in three stamps, but people did not notice those easely.

30 Likes

wow these are really cute. love the idea a lot!

1 Like

Oh, how cool that they’ve included the little holes. I love that detail! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Scented stamps from Russia

13 Likes

@Tetsuko
Maybe these alpine skiing stamps from 2008. They are kind of 3D or hologram

8 Likes

yes I think so. as I only remember it was very blue maybe top right or left… I have to many cards to search them just … but will do sooner or later. :heart:

1 Like

Stamp I used today

13 Likes

Italy had an embroidered stamp as well :heart_eyes:

44 Likes

Is the top Russian one supposed to be a potato?

1 Like