Unusual (shaped, fabric, embroidery, cork, etc) stamps!

I received this one recently. It’s neat because you can feel the braille on it!

12 Likes

23 Likes

This stamp contains an quite controversial topic (Crimean Bridge), however it is extreme long to make fit the bridge almost fit on it. It is so long that it is not fitting on an standard postcard. However that is taken in to account by making the stamp in three pieces!

3 Likes

Yes i do know that one i once send a postcard with one of those, it is part of a series from postnl in 2009. When you order postal stamps from https://www.postzegelsmetkorting.nl/ then sometimes one of these is in there, however i have never received the full series. It is always a surprise when you order from them.

3 Likes

It’s interesting what is only visible when you use a UV-Lamp.

2 Likes

I once got these stamps that can change when you turn them, so it looks the ice skaters are moving. They were bigger than normal stamps and less sticky so I had to use some transparent tape to ensure they would arrive at their destination safely.

22 Likes

Very cool

Stamps and FDC commemorating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.

In 2017 Canada Post issued the stamp commemorating 100 years of Toronto Maple Leaves hockey team. There is a miniature fabric crest adhered to the stamp. This was only issued in the form of mini-sheet.

On the same occasion there was also issued the self sticking stamp in the shape of the hockey puck.

37 Likes

The T Rex stamp that moves. I like sending these to Latin America and Spain because of a T-Rex dancing video meme.

If you ask what is the meme:
Original meme: Auxilio me desmayo…
And the English created by elrubiusomg: Help me, I’m fainting…

17 Likes

2nd t rex stamp

19 Likes

Gramophone stamps of Bhutan, very old (1972) but still interesting

https://thevinylfactory.com/features/the-curious-tale-of-bhutans-playable-record-postage-stamps/

30 Likes

I swapped some stamps with @pumuckl recently and got these:

20 Likes

Just found in an ebay package of stamps. Rather old charity stamps from GERMANY. They are scratch and sniff and they still smell

22 Likes

I had received a stamp with Braille on it from another postcrosser. I was excited to find some Canadian stamps that also have braille. They were issued to commemorate the 100th anniversay of The Montreal Association for the Blind

36 Likes

wow these are so amazing :heart:

Found another interessting stamp in the bag

Didn’t kbew this one before but it is really lovely. The Stars are embossed

21 Likes

Hong Kong SAR stamps: “Inclusive Communication”, with Braille on them.

26 Likes

not the theme of the thread I know but is it a wax postmark?

7 Likes

Another embossed stamp.

16 Likes