Unusual requests from postcrossers

I usually try to choose a card that will fit receiver’s interests and I’m happy when cards that I receive fit mine. But one envelop surprised me a lot. It was from the USA. Since I like horse racing, I was over the moon to receive a ticket from the Breeders Cup 1989, identification ticket for Box Seat area at Saratoga and a few photos

I just want to thay ‘thank you’ to everyone who tries to follow their receiver’s interest

16 Likes

I once had an adress requesting to draw an elephant on behind of the card :smile: it was fun :smile:

9 Likes

I’ve had one like that too! Maybe it was the same person :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had someone requesting me to write “if you were a kangaroo, what would you put in your pouch?” :laughing:
So I drew the answer.

28 Likes

I pulled a profile where they asked if I could come up with a horoscope for them. I had fun looking up their zodiac sign and coming up with a horoscope that fit their profile. :blush:

19 Likes

I got the cat food lid one, too. I was delighted to oblige, though I could only send the label and not the lid as the lid is just a standard tin pull top lid. This Postcrosser also requested chocolate boxes, so I sent that too!

My favorite part of Postcrossing is definitely sending. Trying to pick a nice card that fits the person’s interests with beautiful matching stamps is great fun for me. The more unusual and more descriptive the requests, the greater the challenge / fun.

17 Likes

Oh I like unusual requests! But I have one now and unfortunately I don’t think I can fulfill it but I am very curious if this thing exists!

So the request is ’ try your best to use the commemorative stamps of your local new hairstyle’

Has anyone seen a stamp of this? I guess it could be a typo
The only stamp I have with hair is one of queen Elizabeth ll …just with her regular hair :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@AussieAmy
I’ve never seen that but I know there’s an option here to design your own stamp. So maybe get a new haircut, then take a photo and turn it into a stamp :rofl: I don’t even think we have a local hairstyle here :haircut_woman:

5 Likes

A Postcrossers once asked to smell my scent… i attached a bubble gum wrapper to the postcard.

4 Likes

Make Her Majesty’s hairstyle to your new hairsyle. Take a photo of it. Have a postcard printed with that photo. Put that stamp on that card. Send it to the requesting person.
I am just kidding! :innocent:

1 Like

@RalfH :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had two minor requests in the past couple of days.

One asked for the sender to write the receiver’s name in the characters (?) from their language. I copied it as best I could. I hope I didn’t end up writing something else!

And another asked for me to draw something. So I drew this weird little dog I’ve always doodled.

9 Likes

Both are cute :heart_eyes:

No, we also have them in the Netherlands, last time I did this it was in the zoo

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Postcard to member with empty profile?

Very late response, but we also have this in the Netherlands :hugs:

1 Like

I had a request for an electric bill. Very curious, and no, I did not oblige.

6 Likes

Wow, now that is very unusual.

(You probably already know this, but I’m sharing context for the benefit of non-US readers :blue_heart:)

In the US, a paper electric bill can be used as (one type of) proof of identity for many services, including getting a Post office box, drivers license, or even a copy of your Social Security Card (national personal ID number which should always be kept secret). So you should never give anyone a copy of your electric bill, as it can be used for identity theft.

19 Likes

@I_KnewItAllAlong I like to receive postcards in an envelope, tea and stickers)
I also love when a lot of different stamps are glued on a postcard)