Travel Mode ✈️ Destinations - Questions - Opinions

I’m traveling in Rome and I visited Vatican City today. I changed my location to Vatican City but I was not able to draw address. I’ve tried using Wi-Fi and cellular but nothing worked.

4 Likes

There are few places where the WiFi can’t show the actual location. You may always contact the Postcrossing team and explain the situation. They are able to help. Contact us

2 Likes

@Violet Please read here from that post on :arrow_right: Travel Mode ✈️ Destinations - Questions - Opinions - #183 by Lhyz

1 Like

Were you able to draw addresses in Vatican? I went there yesterday and the system said they couldn’t recognize my IP location. I also tried with Wi-Fi in Rome but still didn’t work.

I’m having issue with drawing addresses in Vatican. I’ve contacted the admin hopefully it will be fixed.

1 Like

Just used travel mode while on a day trip to Johor Bahru in Malaysia, the experience was quite smooth. Just posted them and hope the postcards arrive soon!

4 Likes

Used Travel Mode this weekend to send 14 postcards from Germany with their new Postcrossing stamp. Hope they will be appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I used travel mode this summer in France and I really like it too. I sent 10 cards and only one was never registered. Can’t wait to travel again to send new postcard from abroad.

1 Like

If I am in travel mode but have ‘send postcards to my own country’ unticked, can I send a postcard to my country whilst in Travel Mode e.g. if I visit Spain, can I draw a UK address? Also, would this mean I wouldn’t be able to send a postcard within the country I was travelling to e.g. if I went to Spain, can I draw a Spain address?

I used travelmode this year in france, sweden and luxembourg. It is so nice to do that.

As far as I know/remember, no to both. No homeland-adress (because you could draw your neighbour), no guest-land-adress (because you could draw your host).

But there are experts who know the details of travel mode even better

1 Like

I used travel mode to send quite a few cards this summer in the Philippines. I ran into problems because Philippines kept changing what countries they would and wouldn’t send to. By the time I got the cards written and to the post office some weren’t accepted so I brought them back to the US to mail from here. Several were never registered, so I’m not really sure if the fault of Philippines post office, US post office, or something else.

1 Like

Travel Mode is not only for longer trips :slight_smile: Sent 6 cards from Germany today on a bike ride!

26 Likes

You can get your home country, that’s for sure, I got an address in NL once when I was in travel mode in Poland. It has never happened to me that I drew an address in my travel country, so I think that’s not possible.

3 Likes

I’m sure when I was in Italy in travel mode and I lived in the UK, I got UK. In fact I think whilst I lived in the UK I only got UK 3 times, two of them in travel mode.
But I definitely had “send to own country” ticked. If unticked, I would assume you can’t.

3 Likes

Lars, you should post this nice photo on the Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures) topic — it’s a perfect fit! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2022 Travel Mode sent
1 card from DE / Germany, with postcrossing stamp.
A very low number, but at least 1!

Looking forward to travel more in 2023.

Where did you sent in Travel Mode in 2022?

I sent from Denmark (Copenhagen) :denmark:, Sweden (Malmö) :sweden:, Norway (Oslo) :norway: and Svalbard (Longyearbyen) :svalbard_and_jan_mayen: :slight_smile: About 50 cards in travel mode I think. :postbox: :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve used travel mode twice this year, while in Slovakia and the USA. It was fun because I had a chance to send to some countries that Canada Post does not accept mail for at the moment! It’s also nice to see how it makes my sent postcard map look more full and interesting : )

4 Likes

I used travel mode for the first time when I travelled to France in July 2022 and I loved it.
I’m planning to use it more in 2023

1 Like