Travel Mode ✈️ Destinations - Questions - Opinions

I too used travel mode for the first time in 2022, just a few weeks ago in Scotland :slight_smile: I saved two slots in case one card wouldn’t arrive. It was fun and I hope to have more opportunities to use it next year! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I used travel mode from Croatia and the Netherlands this year! :croatia::netherlands:

Looking forward to using it in more countries next year :airplane:

2 Likes

I used Travel Mode in Sweden, Spain, Gibraltar, the Faroe Islands, Aruba and the Dominican Republic in 2022.

3 Likes

I was only able to travel to the Philippines this year, but during my amazing trip there I sent probably 25 postcards using travel mode. Most of them I wrote while isolating with covid, but didn’t let that spoil my memories of my trip.

3 Likes

Germany, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

1 Like

This year I sent in travel mode only from Germany.

1 Like

I used travel mode only in Australia this year (my home country), but I still like to do that because Australia is so big and sending from different locations can mean a difference of a few thousand kilometers. Some of the cities and towns I sent cards from in travel mode this year include Perth, Sydney, Halls Gap, Lakes Entrance, Alice Springs, and Yulara (in the centre of Australia, right near Uluru).

10 Likes

I used travel mode in USA and Cyprus this year.
Im planning on using in Lanzarote next year and hopefully somewhere else… I enjoy it - different stamps etc

1 Like

Different cities in Germany

1 Like

I used travelmode from Luxembourg this year

5 Likes

I’ve used it twice in Portugal this year, from Porto in June and from Lisbon in September.

1 Like

I used Travel mode several times this year:

• in many locations in Italy :it:
  • abroad, in France :fr:, Germany :de:, Romania :romania:, Czechia :czech_republic:, and… in the Vatican City! :vatican_city:
    I look forward to adding more tiny houses to my map in 2023!
4 Likes

Maybe some of you have already spotted these posts on the blog… but in case you missed them, here are some travel mode adventures in Africa!

8 Likes

I’ve only used travel mode once, from Shetland (GB). Will use it again in the US this year, as that’s the only travel I have planned so far.

2 Likes

This is what I came up of, but there are things I’m not really sure:

I can’t seem to figure out what happens in travel mode?
Let’s say you’re out on a journey, but your family member are still home getting the mail. They sent you a picture of the card and you decided to register it during the trip. However, the postcrossing system supposes that it’s not possible for you to register when you’re out.
Is it still possible to register cards when you’re in traveling mode?
If yes, will the final destination of the received card be in the current location you’re in or your address?

You can still register and the location will be the one where the card was sent to (so your home address).

The difference in travel mode is that 1) your address isn’t given out while you are in travel mode and 2) when you send in travel mode, you will get a country code of the other country and it will also show on the map that you sent the card from that country.

2 Likes

What about the following situation: Travel Mode within your own country? I live in Gdansk. Supposedly I am going to visit Warsaw, our capital city, and I want to send a postcard from there. What to do?

When in Warsaw should I put myself into the travel mode? Then the system will show the route from Warsaw to elsewhere, right?

3 Likes

Yes, if you use travel mode in your own country it will show the route from Warsaw (or whatever place you had set travel mode.)

2 Likes

You can do that, it’s totally up to you. I do that because I like seeing on the map that I have sent cards from different places also within my own country. This year for example I sent cards from Poznań and Łódź in travel mode :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used travel mode in Jersey :jersey: Germany :de: France :fr: Switzerland :switzerland: Philippines :philippines: Iceland :iceland: and Svalbard :norway: in 2022. Can’t wait to see where 2023 will take me!

5 Likes