Travel Mode ✈️ Destinations - Questions - Opinions

As far as I know/remember, no to both. No homeland-adress (because you could draw your neighbour), no guest-land-adress (because you could draw your host).

But there are experts who know the details of travel mode even better

1 Like

I used travel mode to send quite a few cards this summer in the Philippines. I ran into problems because Philippines kept changing what countries they would and wouldn’t send to. By the time I got the cards written and to the post office some weren’t accepted so I brought them back to the US to mail from here. Several were never registered, so I’m not really sure if the fault of Philippines post office, US post office, or something else.

1 Like

Travel Mode is not only for longer trips :slight_smile: Sent 6 cards from Germany today on a bike ride!

26 Likes

You can get your home country, that’s for sure, I got an address in NL once when I was in travel mode in Poland. It has never happened to me that I drew an address in my travel country, so I think that’s not possible.

3 Likes

I’m sure when I was in Italy in travel mode and I lived in the UK, I got UK. In fact I think whilst I lived in the UK I only got UK 3 times, two of them in travel mode.
But I definitely had “send to own country” ticked. If unticked, I would assume you can’t.

3 Likes

Lars, you should post this nice photo on the Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures) topic — it’s a perfect fit! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2022 Travel Mode sent
1 card from DE / Germany, with postcrossing stamp.
A very low number, but at least 1!

Looking forward to travel more in 2023.

Where did you sent in Travel Mode in 2022?

I sent from Denmark (Copenhagen) :denmark:, Sweden (Malmö) :sweden:, Norway (Oslo) :norway: and Svalbard (Longyearbyen) :svalbard_and_jan_mayen: :slight_smile: About 50 cards in travel mode I think. :postbox: :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve used travel mode twice this year, while in Slovakia and the USA. It was fun because I had a chance to send to some countries that Canada Post does not accept mail for at the moment! It’s also nice to see how it makes my sent postcard map look more full and interesting : )

4 Likes

I used travel mode for the first time when I travelled to France in July 2022 and I loved it.
I’m planning to use it more in 2023

1 Like

I too used travel mode for the first time in 2022, just a few weeks ago in Scotland :slight_smile: I saved two slots in case one card wouldn’t arrive. It was fun and I hope to have more opportunities to use it next year! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I used travel mode from Croatia and the Netherlands this year! :croatia::netherlands:

Looking forward to using it in more countries next year :airplane:

2 Likes

I used Travel Mode in Sweden, Spain, Gibraltar, the Faroe Islands, Aruba and the Dominican Republic in 2022.

3 Likes

I was only able to travel to the Philippines this year, but during my amazing trip there I sent probably 25 postcards using travel mode. Most of them I wrote while isolating with covid, but didn’t let that spoil my memories of my trip.

3 Likes

Germany, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

1 Like

This year I sent in travel mode only from Germany.

1 Like

I used travel mode only in Australia this year (my home country), but I still like to do that because Australia is so big and sending from different locations can mean a difference of a few thousand kilometers. Some of the cities and towns I sent cards from in travel mode this year include Perth, Sydney, Halls Gap, Lakes Entrance, Alice Springs, and Yulara (in the centre of Australia, right near Uluru).

10 Likes

I used travel mode in USA and Cyprus this year.
Im planning on using in Lanzarote next year and hopefully somewhere else… I enjoy it - different stamps etc

1 Like

Different cities in Germany

1 Like

I used travelmode from Luxembourg this year

5 Likes