They destroyed my stamps

No words! Even my address is pen-cancelled!!

20 Likes

I don’t understand why the pen when there’s already a clear postmark

Out of topic - the postmark is special and boring. :rofl:

7 Likes

Lol, maybe it was the “bring your toddler to work day” and it was the baby who was in charge of cancelling.

4 Likes

Got this

Tried to complain to AusPost, informing them that this is a maxicard, no need calcelation but this was their answer. I rest my case :disappointed:

21 Likes

Oh and whats up with USPS? They seemed to slash all stamps even if they already have machine cancelation :sweat:

And Indonesia LPU stickers are making things worse :roll_eyes:

Like whyyyy, there is a perfectly good space where they can put the sticker on without ruining the stamp :sob:

10 Likes

I got two things hand cancelled yesterday at my local post office. The clerk said they HAD to hand cancel them because they were non-machineable.

I was sending two round beer coasters as postcards as an experiment. No, they weren’t for Postcrossing. Yes, I paid extra for the non-machineable rate. It’s America’s favorite new gameshow… WILL! IT! POSTCARD!

But a couple of weeks ago, I had to buy more stamps, so I took my outgoing postcards in to get hand cancelled (different P.O. this time). They did it without any argument, but the clerk was thrown off by the request.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this counts but…
Now it needs a bit of a backstory: I have been mailing covers to different post offices to get nice pictorial cancels. I decided not to “waste” the covers (as I think many just get thrown out!) they are sent in so have been including a note to the postmaster to ask them to send the cover they arrived in back to me (and I leave my self addressed cover open for them to do so). So far it has been working well and I’ve gotten back most for my cover collection (as well as getting the nice postmark on my enclosed cover). But this one arrived today. While they did send the envelope back to me I cannot stop laughing. Not sure why they thought I would want the cover back WITHOUT the stamp…I do love the dragonflies but this cover is NOT collectable like this. And even if I was asking for it back to collect the stamp they made that pointless now. Why send it back like this at all? (I don’t remember what stamp I used, likely one of the whales).
On the good side at least the cover with the pictorial postmark is in perfect condition!

5 Likes

Urrgh! Seems like a generic response, I bet that the manager didn’t even read the complaint. Couldn’t they see its a Maxicard with a philatelic cancel :unamused:

3 Likes

Sad hey. It is their paid job and they dont even know what they’re doing :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well,in my place I can use postmark and do cancellation by myself.

(For Privacy I cant show address of cards

18 Likes

That’s one thing I love about China post - mostly hand cancellation with various postmarks. Pen?Never

10 Likes

yes.And while you get on well with post officer you can even seal by yourself

4 Likes

That’s amazing. Great selection at one post office!
You should post at POSTMARKS and CANCELLATIONS across the globe! [NOT commemorative ones]

3 Likes

盖风景戳不需要销票吗🤔

1 Like

Nanni got her first post through Postcrossing today. In fact this is the first post she ever got. It was sad to see the stamps slashed like that.

10 Likes

Oh the horror, the horror! :angry:

19 Likes

Some very nice postmarks from China! Nice stamps (fitting my hobbies and likes). But again with the pen despite the dark, obvious postmark! So frustrating!

Ironically the front made me laugh because it showed exactly how I felt seeing the pen scribbles.

I was so angry and frustrated. I spoke to the post office ladies when I dropped of some outgoing cards and they insisted it must have happened at the source. I don’t think so! It has been happening with my Canadian mail too…especially frustrating when I send out for nice postmarks (paying postage twice!) and they get scribbled on. The post office ladies did give me a number and I lodged a formal complaint. I tried to be clear with them on what was happening and when. (I am pretty sure it is the new postie filling in for my regular one. I specified that too as I do not want my good postie penalized!) I doubt anything will come of it but you never know…

13 Likes

wow, I envy you :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

But maxicard is already with the cancelled stamp on the front.:woman_facepalming: Why did they think it needed an extra cancellation?

2 Likes

My question too :see_no_evil:
And when I tried to talk to Australian Post, that is they response, it seemed that they don’t understand what is a maxicard :sweat_smile:

1 Like