They destroyed my stamps

I created this thread as cemetery of all beautiful stamps got destroyed during their travel.
Warning for stamp lovers, you may get heart attack seeing this thread.

Let me start. Look what they did to the Queen :scream:

45 Likes

This is terrible! :astonished: Such stamp cancellation?

5 Likes

That’s not good

6 Likes

They didn’t get cancellation, only scribble by postal worker

1 Like

Is this a letter you received from UK, or you have the same stamps?

The scribble IS the cancellation!

18 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Yeah this is the common way of cancelling mail in UK, I believe. Most of my UK mail has arrived like that, although it feels like in this case the postal worker took extra care to make sure nobody will never ever be able to use those stamps ever again… Or they were angry and needed to use pen aggressively.

I don’t remember any destroyed stamps (there probably have been few but I have happily forgot about them), but sometimes people put tape over the stamps and it is not always possibly to remove the tape :frowning:

10 Likes

It looks like there’s tape over the stamps in the photo as well.

1 Like

Deutsche Post has a “Nachträglich entwertet” (“Canceled subsequently”) rubber stamp that they use on foreign stamps that haven’t been canceled sometimes. I find this to be a much better solution!

18 Likes

Yes. Unfortunately it’s “too much effort” to take this punch out of the bag (not my words!!). So they prefer to use a pen most of the time 🤷🏻

3 Likes

That breaks my stamp-loving heart :disappointed_relieved::broken_heart:

6 Likes

Besides getting pencil scribbles or not getting cancelled at all, stamps from Canada often get cancelled like this:

13 Likes

and canada has some nice postmark i.e. this one :wink:

I just received today :wink:

18 Likes

these days i often get cards without postmarks.

7 Likes

I’ve only received one postcard with a pen cancel and it was from the USA, a real pity because the stamps were beautiful.

1 Like

Oh no! :joy: I understand they were canceling it but they seemed to take special care in obliterating the queen :speak_no_evil:

15 Likes

Ouch! That hurts to look at :pleading_face:

3 Likes

My lovely letter from Portugal that arrived today, with a stamp sheet used for postage, that the courier company stuck a whopping big sticker on top of. The told me it would peel off, but nope. It took part of the sheet with it.

3 Likes

There is one post office in my city where they rip off pretty stamps. This is very sad. The postcard comes damaged and without a stamp (or with a half-torn stamp).

5 Likes