They destroyed my stamps

@BrendaVR @helent

I know about the Australian rule. This swap was to Finland though. I’ve sent these stamps several times to various countries over the world and it has never been an issue before.

1 Like

This has never happened to me before, but thanks DHL :pensive:

6 Likes

Machine cancellation, marker colouring and slicing :scream:

It’s from lovely series “Animals of the World”, and the slicing goes through the card :frowning:
I will tape it, but poor card :frowning: :frowning:

9 Likes

I think it was marked like this as the stamps used are not valid - it looks like the barcodes were simply cut off (or covered by something)

They are used to check if a stamp was already used once and I would say that cutting them off or covering them is the same as cutting off an already postmarked part of another stamp.

9 Likes

Those bar codes are really ugly…I could understand wanting to cut it off…

2 Likes

Poor Harry and Hermione :sob:

17 Likes

Today I received the first official card after years of being inactive…

And look what they’ve done🥲

11 Likes

That’s the magic effect from their magic wands

1 Like

Wow!? That’s unheard-of for Germany, wouldn’t surprise me if that was done in the UK

You know earlier I said Canada has the crown for pen-cancelled stamps, :crown:

Here are some recent examples, and I actually like them, I’ll explain why…

These two postcards with almost the same stamps where written by the same postcrosser a couple of days apart and posted in the Montreal area, the English written postcard was pen-cancelled but the French written postcard was machine cancelled.

This postcard from Vancouver, with Royal Wedding stamps, the sorting team striked through Prince William but left alone Kate and the low denomination insect stamps.
Like me they probably like ladybirds and have a crush on the Duchess :joy:

18 Likes

I wonder if postmen in the UK also cancel international stamps…

They have been known to on occasions :unamused:

In Singapore, if for some reason the foreign country has not cancelled the stamps, then Singpost just delivers the package/postcard/letter with the stamp unpostmarked :slight_smile: but for domestic mail… well Singpost’s postmarking machines are very efficient so I’ve never seen one being delivered to its recipient unpostmarked

2 Likes

Sadly my mail carrier almost cross out all uncancelled stamps -stickers get a cross, too. :roll_eyes:

They had canceled some stamps like this way - maybe some offices has lost their rubber stamp?
And I don‘t like it to see the stamps are canceled und this terrible way. Stamps are small pieces of art! Respect it dear post officers!

3 Likes

When it happens in Canada, it is done by the postal carriers themselves when they noticed that they hadn’t been hand or machine cancelled.

They were already postmarked! Why the pen!?!? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Shame the postal worker couldn’t do them all in one motion and had to use a new stroke for the Maejima Hisoka stamp.

11 Likes

Oh, bummer!

Love this! Reminds me of this story where a $20 bill was printed over a Del Monte banana sticker.

2 Likes

Variations on a theme. :sob: :sob: :sob:

9 Likes