The Messy World of Postcrossing! 😵‍💫

Hello Friends and Fellow Postcrossers! :love_letter:

I’ve seen so many beautiful photos of writing desks on here. However! I know all too well the reality of the messy Postcrossing process! So instead of showing clean organized desks, lets show the messy ones!! :broom:

I walked a total of 424 steps to my mail box and back waiting for mail that I didn’t get. (A total of 4 times) :cry: So! I decided to clean my desk and encourage all of you to do the same in the meantime! (And share the Before and After!) I know it’s a little daunting to share our personal messes… so I’ll go first!! Here’s the Before and After of my organized chaos!! :soap::broom::bubbles:

:warning:This is a judgment free zone! It is not easy to share these sort of things so please take on the Postcrossing spirit and be kind to one another!! :heartpulse:

Edit: Here is the link to the timelapse video if anyone would like to watch :relaxed: July 31, 2023 - YouTube

125 Likes

Great job! My desk is a disaster!

36 Likes

I love your board of knick knacks and trinkets!! I need to get me one :thinking::face_with_peeking_eye::two_hearts:

4 Likes

My niece painted the boards for me when she redecorated my house a few years ago. I love it. Just wish I wasn’t so messy!! LOL. I’m sure she does too. I’m trying to be better - a little at a time.

4 Likes

You can check out this thread with tons of people’s desks :blush:

5 Likes

Superb, I always try to keep clean my desk, even I help my Professor to keep her desk clean, Neat Place will Energize us to do more work:):clap:

7 Likes

Trigger warning: A picture of my desk; and yes, there’s postcards in there, somewhere.

64 Likes

What beautiful Organized Chaos! :heart_eyes: Thank you for sharing! I appreciate the interpretation of a messy desk, makes me feel better!! :nerd_face::relieved:

6 Likes

I love the meaning of messy desk → CREATIVITY! Maybe I should print this and put near my table- lol. Its just like my table (sprawing with acrylic paint tubes / paper). Its beside my husband’s table and it drives him insane. He is an accountant and his desk is always prim and proper.

6 Likes

worse than mind :smile:
i thought mine was the worst :smile:

3 Likes

Me again! When i first saw your table i felt a sense of whimsical and comfy energy and couldn’t quite understand why! Now I know! Your beautiful desk reminds me of the table in Howls Moving Castle! :grin: I love this type of feeling! Thanks again for sharing! :heartpulse:

29 Likes

My name is Jessica, I am a Postcrosser addict :sweat_smile:
No space at my desk to write. My solution is to take the supplies I need downstairs and write there.

I want to get it tidy again. So I am putting away my phone, put some music on and get into it.

35 Likes

I read Konmari book and made an effort.
yes, My room is definitely cleaner than before.
but anything spark joy things are spark joy.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308

11 Likes

Aww, dear Howl, i love How sophie cleaned all his mess🩷

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this IS the after!!!

46 Likes

I’m not sure I’d trust an accountant who had a messy desk, no more than I’d trust a surgeon with one. A messy accountant might mis-place a decimal point here or there, while the messy surgeon might be accidentally leaving sponges and scalpels in his or her patients.

3 Likes

Thank you for calling my desk “beautiful.” But have you had your vision checked lately?

4 Likes

If I had known about Francis Bacon when I was a kid, I would have said; “Well what about Francis Bacon?” to my mom whenever she told me to clean my room.

17 Likes

A great topic. Thanks for creating it @Kitxel
Now I know that I’m not the only one :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here is my own version of untidy postcrossing place(s) (two occupied tables and some room on my sofa where I spread my stuff related to stamps) :

The tidy version hasn’t yet existed :smiley:

17 Likes