The Messy World of Postcrossing! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

The beforeā€¦

and after!

48 Likes

Wow! @snailmailkait !! Great job!! Bravo! :grin:

1 Like

This is an after-ish. Whenever we have friends over (and on Sunday we did) my desk becomes the dinner table, and everything on it gets hidden in the bedroom for a few hours. When I put it back, it becomes a slightly less messy version of itself. I call it organized chaos - if Iā€™m looking for a certain card or pen I know where they are - and whenever somebody moves something around the house I stop seeing it :smiley:

23 Likes

I couldnā€™t help noticing the mail truck parked on your ā€œmessyā€ desk. (And I put ā€œmessyā€ in quotation marks because, of course, one personā€™s ā€œmessyā€ is another personā€™s ā€œneat and organized.ā€) At any rate, your postal truck reminded me of the truck that the U.S.P.S. sells, for a mere $5.99. What I like about this particular truck is that it comes complete with a realistic looking postal box, realistic but disappointing, because I assume it contains no postcards.

20 Likes

Thank you for noticing! I actually found it at a thrift shop for $2 CAD (AKA: $1.49 USD) Unfortunately I do not have the postal box :cry: Also the poor USPS car is scratched up and has no back door to keep packages in. At least I know why some postcards get lost! Itā€™s my goal to snatch up any mail related trinkets i find :grin:

Here is an eBay post for whoever would like to buy the set: 29888 UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE USPS LONG LIFE DELIVERY 1/64 with MAIL BOX | eBay

Also unfortunately again my ā€œUSPSā€ car is a knock off :sweat_smile: (The logo has a plane instead of the original logo) But it reminds me of home in California before I moved to Canada :blush:

14 Likes

Itā€™s a lovely and creative desk! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I love this thread and the positive nature of your responses! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Makes me feel less alone. My postcards, stamps, and supplies are chaos and spread throughout my apartment. :sweat_smile: I want to get them organized soon, so that itā€™ll be easier to find the perfect card or stamp when I need them. :blush: I also need to get a desk, so I can have everything in one spot!

6 Likes

Do not bother with organization! You must yield to the chaos! Resistance is futile!

20 Likes

:joy: It does seem to be futile in my case! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, youā€™re in good company; please see the attached article about Erik Satie, my hero. I bet that even you arenā€™t hoarding umbrellas and newspapers, and using one of your two grand pianos ā€œas storage for letters and parcels.ā€
(One of the numerous examples of Mr.Satieā€™s instructions as to how one of his compositions should be performed; ā€œPlay like a nightingale with a toothache.ā€)

5 Likes

Youā€™re right, I personally use my two grand pianos to store single socks and plastic bags I may or may not reuse.

Erik Satie sounds fascinating. Thanks for sharing the article!

7 Likes

You guys make me laugh out loud!!! Spread the laughter and kindness!!! :laughing::two_hearts:

3 Likes

There are probably some Postcrossers out there who saw the picture of my desk that was posted on July 31 and were utterly disgusted, thinking to themselves; ā€œWell if thatā€™s what his desk looks like, then Iā€™d absolutely hate to see an x-ray of his brain.ā€ But then there are those kinder, more understanding Postcrossers, who probably saw the picture of my desk and thought to themselves: ā€œWell okay, maybe his desk is a little messy now but thereā€™s hope for everyone, including him, so maybe after he sees some ā€œbeforeā€ and ā€œafterā€ pictures of other Postcrossersā€™ desks, then perhaps heā€™ll be inspired to clean up his, too.ā€ā€¦ You canā€™t be serious:

26 Likes

you are my kind of person.
Iā€™m also not organized at all. See the picture.:rofl:

17 Likes

Cleanliness and Tidiness is not linear!! Iā€™m going to clean my desk again :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

In almost exactly one monthā€™s time, your desk went from this:

to this:

So whereā€™s your smiley face NOW?

11 Likes

P.S.
But donā€™t worry, your desk isnā€™t messy, itā€™s only following the laws of physics:

11 Likes

Whatā€™s in all those little drawers?!?

Exactly one millionty beads, trinkets, cogs and other tiny crafting things I havenā€™t touched in years.

11 Likes

And on a daily basis it all goes to shit again. Perpetual cycle of mess.

19 Likes