[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner

:wink:

Many thanks to you all!!!

Now that the text has been translated, I will have the photo deleted by the admins.

Hi everyone! My son (15 years old) has studied German at school now for 1,5 years and it would be nice if he got some postcards written in German - he can understand quite simple sentences and I can help him if needed. He has a PC profile too (https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Monni_Fi) but is not active in this hobby at the moment as he has quite many other hobbies, too. If there is someone who would like to help him in learning German and surprise him with a card AND in return get a card from me, please PM me and we can agree about a swap. I am open for suggestions for what kind of card you would like to get in return (also greeting cards, selfmade cards etc. available).

P.S. It would be funny if the postcard “picture side” can teach him the language (one word etc.) but it is not necessary, any picture is nice.

(post deleted by author)

Please take a look here: UNESCO stamps from your country - #23 by Cassiopheia

1 Like

Hi German postcrossers, I will soon move to and send postcards from Germany. I believe Deutsche Post sells stamps that that are not older than ~5 years. I wanted to ask where can one source older stamps, from 10, 15 or 20 years ago. I had occasionally received postcards with old stamps from Germany and I liked them the most.
Thanks

Most German postcrossers using old stamps buy them at one of these places:

• ebay (be careful that those are legit and not previously used! They still need to be gummed)
  • Steckkarten” by Deutsche Post (they contain an assortment of mixed stamps… older and newer ones)
  • Frankaturware.de (you can buy random lots of at least 100 stamps mostly)
3 Likes

Hello together!

We’ve been reading scattered reports that mail from Germany cannot be sent to Russia… but there is no confirmation of this information on Deutsche Post’s website, that we can find. The website was updated just yesterday with a note about Ukraine, but nothing about Russia.

In order to block this country on the Postal Monitor if the route is suspended, we’ll need to see this information written somewhere. So could I maybe trouble someone in the community to try to confirm this via email or their contact form, if they have one?

Any help you can give us would be appreciated!

hello @meiadeleite Deutsche Post is writing on their website that deliveries to Ukraine are being uphelt as long as possible but may have delays:
https://www.deutschepost.de/en/c/coronavirus.html#ukraine

In regards to Russia there is currently no information about any problems with deliveries to Russia.

I asked Deutsche Post by E-Mail yesterday, how they will provide taking letter mail to Russia now, while the airspace is closed. I do not have an answer by now, but I’ll forward it to you as soon as I have it!

4 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve no written information.

But my husband told me that his (Russian) workmate yesterday got a bunch of mail sent back from Deutsche Post which he sent out to Russia on Monday evening. They had a sticker on it that due to the current circumstances no mail (neither air nor land mail) will be sent to Russia. This means the mail even didn’t leave our local mail sorting center.
We asked him to send us a picture of the sticker so that I could show it here but he already threw it away :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The workmate wrote an E-Mail to Deutsche Post, but it seems so far he got no answer.

The big problem (not only in the current situation) with Deutsche Post is: They provide informations really late on their own website and it’s not easy to find the right informations quickly. And - another problem in my eyes - not all sorting centers are acting the same way…

2 Likes

Hii everyone, I might be visiting Berlin, Hannover, Dusseldorf/Cologne and I was wondering if anyone could point out cool places to buy stamps or cool places in regards to stamps or postcards etc. :slight_smile:

In this document you find postcard shops in german towns in alphabetical order with adresses.
You can buy stamps at all post offices and various sales outlets that you can recognise by the post logo.

If you have more questions about it feel free to ask again.

1 Like

Thank you for the excel sheet! Another question I have is, how do I make sure the postcard I send is postmarked properly? Is dropping it in a postbox enough or is it better to submit them to a post office instead? I am asking because in the UK, dropping it in a postbox gives a higher chance for it to be pen-cancelled when compared to submitting it to the post office directly!

I drop my cards into a letter box and they get a proper postmark, no hand cancelation. The postage for postcards to international destinations is 95 Euro-Cent.

1 Like

Dear @Nosaj .
When you put postcards in the letterbox, you always get a machine cancellation, which is usually of good quality. If you go to a post office, you can ask for a hand cancellation. In some cities there are also post offices with a so-called “Philatelie shop”. There are sometimes also special hand cancellations. You find a list of those post offices with philatelistic shops here: Deutsche Post Philatelie Shops .
Pen cancellations are very uncommon in Germany and happen only very rarely, and if they do, then only during delivery, not during dispatch.

3 Likes

Yesterday I sent mail to Moscow. The stamp tracking tells me that the mail was sorted at the International Sorting Centre Frankfurt Airport and then forwarded to Russia.

2 Likes

This seems clear enough to me — thank you Claas!

1 Like

Hello, I’m Kei from Japan.
I noticed that airmails from Japan to Germany has suspended from this Tuesday, March 8th.
Now only surface mails available.
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2022/0308_01.html

I’d like to know about German mails.
Do they fly to Japan and other East Asian countries normally this week?

About the surface mails from Japan to Europe, I’m not sure how many months will they take…
To India, usually it takes about 3 months.
To Russia, recently some of them reached there, it took 7 months.

If anyone have received surface mails from East Asian countries recently, can you please tell me how long their cruise were?
Thank you.