[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner

Hello, I’m Kei from Japan.
I noticed that airmails from Japan to Germany has suspended from this Tuesday, March 8th.
Now only surface mails available.
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2022/0308_01.html

I’d like to know about German mails.
Do they fly to Japan and other East Asian countries normally this week?

About the surface mails from Japan to Europe, I’m not sure how many months will they take…
To India, usually it takes about 3 months.
To Russia, recently some of them reached there, it took 7 months.

If anyone have received surface mails from East Asian countries recently, can you please tell me how long their cruise were?
Thank you.

Deutsche Post still uses Air Mail to Japan, but delays are to be expected due to fewer flights from Europe to Asia and vice versa. This is the official information:

We don’t have a choice of Air Mail or Surface Mail. Normally all mail leaves by Air Mail (or fastest delivery route). Since the pandemic began Deutsche Post started to use alternative routes whenever neccessary (e.g. combined air mail with sea mail for places like Australia).

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply, Svenja😊
I understand that postcards from Germany will reach me much faster than my postcard find their mailboxes.
I hope airmail from Japan to Germany will open again as soon as possible.

1 Like

I got a reply from Deutsche Post:

"Ihre Nachricht wurde an unseren Service weitergeleitet. Bitte entschuldigen Sie die verspätete Antwort.

Sie möchten wissen wie internationale Postsendungen aufgrund der aktuellen Lage nach der Russischen Föderation befördert werden.

Trotz der aktuellen Entwicklungen in der Ukraine wird Deutsche Post DHL den Versand von Brief- und Paketsendungen nach Russland und Belarus (Weißrussland). so lange wie möglich aufrechterhalten und damit ihren Verpflichtungen als Universaldienstleister für den Versand von Postsendungen nachkommen.

Angesichts der politischen Ereignisse ist jedoch mit Prozessstörungen und Laufzeitverzögerungen zu rechnen. Bitte beachten Sie beim Versand in diese Länder ggf. bestehende Sanktionsbestimmungen.

Wir bedauern, dass wir Ihnen keine andere Antwort geben können."
The main part means that Deutsche Post will keep mail to Russia and Belarus upright as long as possible, despite the develooments in Ukraine.

5 Likes

Thank you! It seems that mail is flowing still to those destinations, which is good. We’ll keep an eye on their pages for any further updates.

4 Likes

Airmail from Japan to Germany, Belgium, France, and UK will re-open tomorrow, March 18th!
I’m really happy with this announcement :cherry_blossom: Thank you!
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2022/0317_01.html

6 Likes

Right now a card from me to Russia from 01 March 2022 has been registered, so mail from Germany to Russia works and that even quite fast!

4 Likes

Good evening to German friends,
I have a question - was there any change from 95ct to 1€ for postage in the last month? Well I think it’s not true but one person still claims to me that Deutsche Post announced this fact and while she was in Germany she had to buy stamps for 1€ already.
Greetings and thanks :wink:

From 95 ct to 1 € it only changed for letters 20 g to 50 g to be sent inside Germany.

The postage for postcards to be sent outside Germany is still 95 ct.

3 Likes

Yes, it change in January 2022, but only for national mail. International postage stays the same with 95ct for postcards.

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies, incredible as she still arguing with me that international postage costs 1 € :laughing: Even when I copied your replies. And she showed me this:

It is clearly written “bis 50 1 €” so that’s what you were talking about above. Maybe she suggest this “Postkarte international kaufen 1 €” line. By the why what is that mean?

But I’ve heard multiple times that people buying stamps got wrong advice about it at the post counter. And there is a mistake at the Deutsche Post website, too. So that might be the reason why the person told you this wrong information.

edit: yes, that’s the mistake on their website I was talking about^^

edit 2: when the person clicks on the link in your screenshot, it will be shown correctly as 95 cents

2 Likes

Indeed! Strange situation but the same strange that she argued with German postcrossers and facts, as rather you know best how to use your post. To this I’m receiving only cards with 95ct (from last week) and at the same time she claims that cards to her have 1€ on the back.
Maybe you should write to the Deutsche Post about the case?

Tell her to click on Postkarte international kaufen (as seen on the screenshot), then she will see it’s 95 Cents.

And you may send her this link showing all international postage fees: https://www.deutschepost.de/de/b/briefe-ins-ausland.html

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Maybe now she will not let herself to be cheated in the place where she bought the stamps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello lovely people,

I used to be an active Postcrossing user, but after some time and few moves around Europe I no longer participate in this hobby.
I have a bunch of empty postcards I have no use for anymore and a stamp to mark postcards as priority. Topics vary: some retro New York, fairy tale illustrations, retro ads, animals, nature, illustrations of Alphonse Mucha, etc. I would like this to go to somebody who still enjoys the hobby. Would anybody be interested? Since this is not the smallest bundle, I would ideally give it away in person (I live in Munich), but could also send it via post for the cost of postage.

6 Likes

Vielen Dank!

You’re welcome, Irina. :slight_smile:

@IrenZaharenko and @Speicher3
I have deleted both posts for data protection reasons.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for your information. :+1: