[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner

I don’t know if this question has been asked already but I’m currently staying in Germany. How much does sending a postcard cost 0.95 cents or 1 euro.

95 Cents.

Please read this + following post for more detailed information:

Danke für die Information.

Thank you

Hi everyone,
greetings from Taiwan!
I love this series very much and am looking for them :heart_eyes: So far I only have MAINZ. If you have these postcards and would like to swap with me, feel free to DM me!!

I don’t know if it’s ok to post here, please let me know if I make a mistake.

Best wishes,
Chia-Cheng

4 Likes

Edited: I found the card. Thank you all :blush:

1 Like

Dear German Postcrossers, I have a friend who will be visiting Berlin this year and is looking for some suggestions as to things to do in or outside of Berlin that is “off the beaten track”… something that you think might be interesting for a visitor to see but that isn’t too touristy. Do you have a favourite coffee shop or perhaps an art gallery that you could recommend? He is also thinking of going to Hamburg so any suggestions around there would be lovely. Thank you so much in advance! :pray:

I suggest Café Sibylle in the Karl-Marx-Allee 71. That has been built in the GDR era as a milk bar and it kept the old style, at least when I visited it the last time four or five years ago and that part of Berlin was not gentrified back then. There was also a little exhibition about the building of the Karl-Marx-Allee (former: Stalinallee) which led to an uprising back in 1953.
The website is only in German and does not tell very much:

1 Like

@Cassiopheia isn’t it your design?

3 Likes

Yes, but I ran out of cards. As it was a group order, I told her to try it here :wink:

3 Likes

Wow! Why you didn’t tell me that it’s your design?!
Your are talented and modest :blush: :clap: Bravo!

2 Likes

Oh well, I designed it with licensed artwork, so the single pieces are not my work - only the composition :wink:

2 Likes

If you are still looking for the card I can send you one after returning from my holiday trip.

3 Likes

I have already found the card, but thanks for your kind offer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I did not find a group where I can apply. I can’t make out the last word, I think it’s in German. Help me please!

I removed the photo, because the question is answered
Bille (moderator)

I think the card has been sent by @Weihnachtsstern :blush:

2 Likes

I understand. It’s like a signature. Thank you very much, it took me a long time to figure it out.

1 Like

Curious about what kind of information would be retrieved when scanning a matrixcode in a Deutsche Post stamp by the post app? Can’t do it myself as the app is not available in the Dutch Apple app store. Thanks in advance!

You can see basic tracking information (within Germany only)

And you can get more information about the stamp, like background information, release date and amount. Sometimes there is even linked a video.

2 Likes

And where the word “letter” is you can modify by yourself, e. g. “Postcard to yirobinson” or whatever you want. While modifying you can also choose if it is a mail from or to you. But these informations are only important for you not for Deutsche Post.

2 Likes