[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner

I can send Nürnberg, Düsseldorf and Hannover, if you like.

1 Like

I wonder why a lot of people put “no Harenberg” cards on their profile. I think they are actually pretty cool! The photos are generally lovely… I actually just bought one of the calendars, just to get the postcards :laughing:. We don’t have anything like that here in the UK

11 Likes

I think it is because they already have a lot of them.
Or maybe they do not like them so much for they are slightly thinner or a bit bigger than usual postcards.

3 Likes

Hi! :slight_smile:

Quick question: does anyone know whether it’s possible to order stamps on the Deutsche Post website if you do not live in Germany?

I live relatively close to the German border and because postage is much cheaper there, I buy stamps every time I visit and use them for my penpal letters/postcards. However, I’m getting tired of the selection they have (basically only the same two designs) and I’d love to have some prettier and varied stamps (as a big chess fan, I love the Kasparov stamps). I was hoping I could order some online, but it doesn’t seem possible without a German address, unless someone knows a way around this?

Thanks!

I think there is no option. What is always an option though is asking a German Postcrosser to forward them to you.

2 Likes

There actually is an option - or af least there was one a few years ago. I did so.
I had to order via email (or fax). I got an email then telling me how much to pay + their bankaccount number and my order number. I paid and after they had received the money they sent the stamps to my address in Sweden.

2 Likes

Hi is “Danke” alright as an abbreviation for Thank you, (Danke schön)? TIA. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s perfectly fine and a lot more common than “Danke schön” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Danke. Thanks. :slight_smile: I did a bit of German at school, can still count to 20, I know, please, thanks, can say that my German is (kaput) but that’s about it. lol. A little bit (ein bisschen).

4 Likes

Hello, German friends. Could one of you write this message out in a comment? It would help to see this message typed perhaps. I’m an English speaker and my husband speaks German as 2nd language. We understand some of the card, but the handwriting for the postcrosser had us a little uncertain about some words. Many thanks!

Dear Rachel,

I send you many greetings from Germany. When my husband and I were very young, we traveled a lot, including the United States. Now my husband is very sick and I am taking care of him. But I’m happy about my garden with lots of birds and bees. Stay healthy.

Liebe Rachel, ich sende dir viele Grüße aus deutschland. Als mein Mann und ich noch sehr jung waren, sind wir viel gereist, auch in die USA. Aber jetzt ist mein Mann sehr krank und ich pflege ihn. ich freue mich aber über meinen Garten mit vielen Vögeln und Bienen. Bleib gesund.

This is the German text, do you need also an English translation?

OK somebody was faster than me :slight_smile:

:wink:

Many thanks to you all!!!

Now that the text has been translated, I will have the photo deleted by the admins.

Hi everyone! My son (15 years old) has studied German at school now for 1,5 years and it would be nice if he got some postcards written in German - he can understand quite simple sentences and I can help him if needed. He has a PC profile too (https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Monni_Fi) but is not active in this hobby at the moment as he has quite many other hobbies, too. If there is someone who would like to help him in learning German and surprise him with a card AND in return get a card from me, please PM me and we can agree about a swap. I am open for suggestions for what kind of card you would like to get in return (also greeting cards, selfmade cards etc. available).

P.S. It would be funny if the postcard “picture side” can teach him the language (one word etc.) but it is not necessary, any picture is nice.

(post deleted by author)

Please take a look here: UNESCO stamps from your country - #23 by Cassiopheia

1 Like

Hi German postcrossers, I will soon move to and send postcards from Germany. I believe Deutsche Post sells stamps that that are not older than ~5 years. I wanted to ask where can one source older stamps, from 10, 15 or 20 years ago. I had occasionally received postcards with old stamps from Germany and I liked them the most.
Thanks

Most German postcrossers using old stamps buy them at one of these places:

• ebay (be careful that those are legit and not previously used! They still need to be gummed)
  • Steckkarten” by Deutsche Post (they contain an assortment of mixed stamps… older and newer ones)
  • Frankaturware.de (you can buy random lots of at least 100 stamps mostly)
3 Likes