SW Washington/Portland area Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: SW Washington/Portland
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Paradise Point State Park, 33914 N.W. Paradise Park Road
Ridgefield, WA 98642
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, 21 May 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1-3PM Pacific Time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Bring a picnic lunch to the Day Use area, enjoy each others’ company, share and sign meetup cards. You can even reserve a campsite if you want to camp for the weekend!

11 Likes

I am a tentative yes! I’ll be on a cross-country road trip and should be camping the Portland area on this date! I’ll update my RSVP closer to the date, but I hope it works out. Thanks for organizing @kburrell!

1 Like

Awesome! Hope it works out. @Laidlaw

I might be able to make this. I’ll have to check my schedule first.

@Rainlion It would be great to have you join the meetup if you can make it. Happy New Year!

Count me in!

@Aleeesa looking forward to meeting you! :grin:

Hey everybody! I am interested in joining this event. But it’s my first postcrossing meetup so I am unfamiliar with the etiquette. What am I supposed to bring? Special printed cards dated for the day? What am I getting people to sign?

Thanks! I hope to see folks in May!

Tom

I was just telling my husband that I’d like to meet PNW postcrossers, but I can’t make it! I’ll be in Texas at my daughter’s college graduation. Sounds like fun!

1 Like

@minormumbles Hi Tom, it would be great to have you join the meetup. You’ll want to bring some cards to have others sign (5, 10, or more), and these can be any cards. Also have some addresses ready for (written on) some of your cards, with blanks for later “draws” from the PC site. Pens, stamps, perhaps a clipboard or other writing surface depending on the tables.
I’m thinking I might drive down to the area from Seattle where I live, take some pictures of the park, and create a specially printed card for the meetup. These would be available to anyone that comes, as part of their set of cards to send off after the meetup. We usually do a round-robin, signing sets of cards from each of the participants, enjoying the company as we write and sign. I try to leave room for a sentence on each card, aside from the space for all the signatures.
I hope this helps with your first meetup. I’m looking forward to May.
Kay

3 Likes

Do we ever bring spouses to these meet ups or is it Postcrossing members only?

Spouses are more than welcome. Since it’s at the park, this is especially so! And kids. :blush:

2 Likes

I’m going to try to get the time off, I just have to remember to take home a time off request form tonight.

Joyce, that would be great if you can join us. Good luck with the request. Kay

@Rainlion Hope to see you there. :slight_smile:

Kay-- If you do create some special cards for this meetup, let me know and I’d be happy to send you some $$$ to offset the cost. Thanks so much for organizing!

1 Like

@Laidlaw Thank you for the offer. I’m planning to drive down to the park in April, hopefully on a nice day, to take pictures and plan a Meetup postcard. I’ll let everyone know if they want to get some. They will be very inexpensive! :grin:

1 Like

@Prismcat It would be great to meet you!

I’m interested too. I live in Sacramento and my daughter Joyce is wanting to attend. Sounds like a great excuse to fly up and get to see her and maybe her Sailor brother a few miles north.

@cathybest What fun it would be to have you come to the event! Make the most of your time in the PNW!
Kay