Stonehenge - Autumn Equinox - Saturday 23rd September 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Stonehenge (nr. Salisbury), UK
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Stonehenge Visitor Centre, SP4 7DE
:calendar: DATE: Saturday 23rd September, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:30-15:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet nr. the ticket office to Stonehenge Visitor Centre. Go through the museum exhibits, then either walk/ride the bus up to the stones. Ride/walk back, pick up some extra postcards in the shop (there will be a meetup postcard) and then to the café for signing.

The location isn’t great for public transport. It’s just off the A303 and has a good sized carpark, but nearest train stations are Andover and Salisbury. There is a bus from Salisbury (and you can buy a combo ticket with Stonehenge entry), or you could taxi pool with other PXs. Message me if you’re having significant travel difficulties as I might be able to link people up, or just message in the topic.

You can get into Stonehenge for free with English Heritage or National Trust membership, or purchase a ticket. The ticket gets you into the museum and on the bus up to the stones, but is not compulsory for the meet up - without the ticket you can walk up to the stones, see them from the beautiful surrounding landscape and still go to the gift shop and café.

Let us celebrate the sun crossing the equator at one of the world’s oldest clocks!

Attendees:
1 @JustJo 3 car spaces from Andover
2 @slbramhall
3 @JennyAssis 15 cards
4 @SusChris
5 @Happyhexagon525 20 cards
6 Arvey0805
7 @teamug 10 cards
8 @TinyMouse 5 cards
9 @LuSays 20 cards
10 @mapcardcollector 20 cards
11 @tashac 10 cards

Maybe:

No:
@Maddymail 5 cards
@SashaUA17 20 cards

20p each

15 Likes

I would love to come to this (somehow never been to Stonehenge!) but in Edinburgh that weekend!

I can potentially make it - please put me down as a maybe (and I can take a guest in to Stonehenge with me, and up to six kids under 18, so happy to do so for a Postcrosser!)

1 Like

What a lovely idea.
Put myself and @SusChris as maybe.

1 Like

Hello, please put me down for this. I’ve always wanted to go to Stonehenge and just never got around to planning a trip to see it. Would be lovely to meet up with some other postcrossers too :relaxed:

2 Likes

Who saw Stonehenge in the Eurovision Postcard for Israel?

3 Likes

Please may I be added as a maybe to this meetup :blush:

1 Like

Fab location. Please can I be popped down as a maybe

1 Like

My husband and I would love to attend, please put us down as attendees! We live in Wiltshire but we haven’t been to Stonehenge together yet. We will be travelling by train, so it’ll be great if anyone wants to carpool a taxi from Salisbury train station to Stonehenge! :grin:

1 Like

Here is the postcard proof:

They will be 20p each

6 Likes

Hi everyone. Can you put me down as attending please. I will come to Salisbury for a few days, and make a trip of it, so I would be happy to meet with some of you while I’m there, if anyone is available

1 Like

Yes, I would love to please!

1 Like

Sorry, I am now unable to come to this meetup. I hope you all have a great time

Ah that’s a shame - not to worry. If your plans change back feel free to join!

I can drive someone if needed. Please, could you put me down as a maybe?
I could drive 4 people (I’ve got a Qashqai, so probably enough space for 3 adults in the back seats).

1 Like

Can I have 25 postcards, please.

Of course. Shall I move you and Chris to the Attending list?

1 Like

Yes, please!

1 Like

Can you put me down for five postcards please - still a maybe to attend so if I can’t make it will pay postage to have them sent. Thanks!

1 Like

Please can I be added. I’ve been wanting to go to a Meetup for ages and this is quite close. Can’t wait!:smiley:

1 Like