[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

Not Discworld, but Good Omens was on last week on the radio, BBC Radio 4 extra again last week BBC Radio 4 Extra - Schedules, 24 - 30 July 2023

1 Like

Good Omens 2 with David Tenant is now out…incredible

2 Likes

We’ve been loving it!!

1 Like

We visited Stonehenge yesterday on our way to Poole. They had a few nice cards but 75p each and not a huge selection.
Might be worth looking for a source in a neighbouring town or village if you go and have time. As a UNESCO site I would have bought more if a little bit cheaper.

3 Likes

They’re not cheap at all - I bought the book of cards as I use them when people want local places and it’s really close to me. They are nice and big though and good quality printing and thickness.

1 Like

@tesc are you interested in joining us for the Stonehenge meetup? Stonehenge - Autumn Equinox - Saturday 23rd September 2023

1 Like

It’s run by English Heritage isn’t it? I’ve always found their postcards very expensive. As you say, if you have time, better to buy somewhere else locally.

1 Like

No we didn’t sign up for that one as we knew we would be there this weekend.

1 Like

They were also selling those non Royal mail postal stickers that send your mail via the Philippines. Organisations such as English Heritage shouldn’t be wripping off tourists.

3 Likes

Hello forum pals! Is anyone thinking of printing the WPD card design via vista print etc. I might get a few but don’t want loads as I have absolutely loads of postcards already because I have a purchasing problem. That’s for another time! I wondered if anyone would want to join in on the order as I know the more you print the cheaper it is? Doesn’t matter how few you want! I’m happy to co-ordinate it. Maybe you could just contribute the price of a second class stamp for me to post them to you if that would work best.

P.s. If you think the design is ugly like the rest of the people commenting on the postcrossing blog post, I understand :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t think the card is ugly, but I do prefer my friend’s design (then again I might be biased, ha!)

1 Like

I am stopping sending postcards so I can have spaces for World Post Day, I would like a few to send when on Travel mode on WPD.

2 Likes

Omg can you send me a photo? I’d love to see it!

I’ll be getting some printed and posting a giveaway on the forum! Check in then :wink:

1 Like

Oh yes I will!!!

I am going to get my cards printed today so let me know how many you’d like in message and we can work it out! @RyanR

1 Like

Can you please order me 10 postcards? I can send you a postal order if I owe you anything :blush:

1 Like

Yes please. I’ll send you a private message.

2 Likes

If you haven’t ordered any yet, I’d like 8 please! Just let me know how much they will be inc. postage :blush:

2 Likes

Not ordered yet, I’ll place it later this evening in case anyone else checks after work and would like some! Have added yours in!

2 Likes