Stickers and tape on postcards

I’m new here and enjoying the forum very much. I have been reading about some of you decorating your cards with washi tape and stickers. I can’t visualize what this means or looks like. Would any of you creative people out there want to share some photos of your work? Any one who has received a post card with stickers and washi tape want to share a photo?

2 Likes

You might want to look at the Decorated Wildcard Tag (https://community.postcrossing.com/t/decorated-wildcard-tag/20146) where people post pictures of the backside of cards that they’ve decorated and are offering to the next person who tags them. You’ll get to see some examples there. :+1:

1 Like

Lots of nice examples here: Decorating the back of your NON-HANDMADE POSTCARDS :blush:

2 Likes

I was just about to write the same thing! It’s a great tag :blush:

Welcome to Postcrossing, @Solo1959 ! I hope that tag gives you some ideas. I love adding a few stickers and a bit of washi tape to my cards, it’s a lot of fun!

1 Like
1 Like

picture of the backside of the card removed by moderator
from the Community Guidelines:

Keep private information private.
The addresses given to you are private information and can only be used for Postcrossing purposes. Do not share them with anyone or make them public on the internet. This also applies to what is written on the postcards you have received, so please do not scan it.

Here is one I got a couple of months ago that I love. I don’t decorate mine with stickers and tape and honestly I usually don’t care for all the bells and whistles that just take away from the precious little space there is to write a message. But this one was so nicely done and really impressed me!

4 Likes

@Twinspot you shouldn’t post message side of a card
If you have the sender’s permisssion, please mention it.

1 Like

Can you explain why? The writing on a post card doesn’t contain anything private and people write beautiful messages which the world of postal workers see before the card even arrives. I’m interested in knowing why the message couldn’t be shared. Address yes, please cover the address, but I may be missing something with the message. In my experience, people usually don’t even sign their name on cards.

I will be careful of sharing cards.

Postal workers are not supposed to read the messages on postcards. Whether they do or not is likely dependent on the individual worker.

1 Like

There is literally not one single private or personal thing on it. I was complimenting it.

1 Like

I understand you were complimenting :hugs: but like pointed above, it’s in the guidelines not to share it, and you have agreed these guidelines when you joined.
It’s easiest to not share at all, than evaluate which is private and which not.

(The idea that postal workers see/read it is discusssed earlier I think many times. But most of sorting is done by machine and it’s totally different to someone read it than have it forever published in the internet.)