Stamps and Special Postmarks about Postcrossing

Stamps from Belarus: 2017 and 2021. I recently purchased the first option and am very happy! :smile:

6 Likes

As most have probably already seen on the Postcrossing Blog, these are the Postcrossing stamps from Estonia and Germany.

In addition to the official First Day Special Postmark another Postcrossing postmark was used in Luxembourg. The design is the same, but it includes a different text.

LX_cancellationmarkmeetup

Another new Postcrossing postmark will be used in Italy on World Postcard Day. As opposed to the Portuguese postmark this one also mentions Postcrossing, as it is linked to a meet-up.

3 Likes

The list is now updated with the new stamps and postmarks!

I just remembered that there was a Postcrossing postmark from Bengaluru, India, this summer. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of that one. If you do please post it here so it can be added to the list.

And of course if you know of other Postcrossing postmarks please share them!

1 Like

What countries have a Postcrossing theme postage stamp??

1 Like

There’s a list here with pictures & it’s up to-date with the 3 new ones this fall.

1 Like

(Fairly) new postmark from Taiwan:

3 Likes

I think the list is missing the one from last December in Italy

6b17ebce9503f31aa6456b6a2ce387afdf073240

2 Likes

This is a fairly new one from Novosibirsk:

1 Like

I think this stamp is NOT on the list
Russia year 2016
2016_rusia

It is listed in the appendix in the “not approved by Postcrossing” section.

1 Like

I was finally able to find some postmarks that were missing in my collection.

This is from a meeting on October 15, 2022:

This one here has been used at the postoffice for a while:

And yet another one from Wroclaw:

Cheers,
Wolfgang

6 Likes

The currently used Russian permanent postmarks related to postcrossing may be viewed on (https://rusmarka.ru/service/searchresult.aspx?q=посткросс&r=414). Though, problems with viewing may be for users from outside Russia.
According to postal rules, permanent pictorial (special) postmarks are withdrawn after 5 years of use. So, the postmarks introduced prior to mid-2018 are likely to have been withdrawn.

2 Likes

I can correctly see the website :slight_smile:
Really can you use special postmarks for 5 years after they have been issued? That is a very long time! :open_mouth: In Italy special postmarks are usually withdrawn after 60 days of use.

Formally, the permanent special postmarks can be used for 5 years after they have been issued if no accidents happen with them when used. Whereas, temporary (fixed date) special postmarks including FD ones are used only on the date indicated on them. No an extended period of use for 30 or 60 days post factum is allowed according to postal rules.
Right yesterday, I applied a permanent special postmark being of 3 years old on a postcard.

1 Like

@spatz3 I saw on the website you mentioned, that since 2015 every year Russian Post grants permanent postmarks dedicated to Postcrossing in many Russian cities. It is very interesting that these are valid for up to 5 years and are personalized in many cities, great!

2 Likes

2 new postmarks in Italy:
Annullo 2023 Camerata Cornello

5 Likes

Wow, they are rather nice, especially the first one. Now I need to look for someone for a swap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a postmark (an official one made by Royal Mail) made for World Postcard Day this year, and including Postcrossing within the Postmark.

Like the Meetup/WPD postcards, would I need permission from the Postcrossing team to use the name/brand?

1 Like

There’s already a person trying to do a World Postcard Day special postmark with the Royal Mail (with our permission to use the logo of the event), although the process is not moving very fast and we may already be past the deadline for it (unclear). Please get in touch if you need more details as we can try to put you two in touch.

1 Like

Hi Maddie! Could you please drop me an email at <***> as I’ve been in touch with Royal Mail regarding this!

*** Email address removed by moderator, please don’t publish private contacts in the forum, use a PM instead, please.

1 Like