Stamps and Special Postmarks about Postcrossing

I ordered this collection and I just received it this morning …

Happy post-crossing everyone.

16 Likes

Another pistal administration jumps in to celebrate the 16th birthday of Postcrossing with a new stamp, the Donetsk People’s Republic. The stamps are not recognized internationally and I am not sure whether they can actually be used to mail international mail, but I think yes. Has anybody ever gotten a card from there?

6 Likes

As far as I know the stamps of the DNR (Donetsk People’s Republic) can be used within their territory only.

1 Like

@Sascha_B I am not sure. I know that for example the stamps of Transnistria can not be used for international mail, but for other not-fully-recognised states there are some sorts of agreements. On this blog however there is a card from Donetsk, which made the journey to Malaysia in over six months:

Postcard A La Carte: Donetsk - Capital - Donetsk (smspostcard.blogspot.com)

No matter if it can be used for international, but I do not think that it can be counted as an “official” Postcrossing stamp, as I doubt that there was an agreement by Postcrossing on the issuance of this stamps.

Finally managed to include the list of Postcrossing stamps as well. I copied the list from the old forum and added the most recent stamps. Maybe someone can take a look if everything is right and that I have not omitted anything. :smiley:

2 Likes

Here are some images of the 2013 Lithuania stamp from Oct 5, 2013:

They are official stamps by UPU member postal administrations. Same is true for others, I don’t think it is important whether they are “approved” by anyone.

2 Likes

Just had a look at the images in the list. Thanks for posting them @dustin15.
Here is an image of the 2017 Indonesian block (perforated version):

Und the unperforated one:

The stamps themselves also exist unperforated:

3 Likes

Full sheet of the new Austrian postcrossing stamp:

3 Likes

Here is the FDC for the 2017 Indonesian release. It took my a few years to track this down:

2 Likes

Finally here is a new Postcrossing postmark I can share. I will be used during a Postcrossing Meet-up in Wrocław on World Postcard Day.

Special postmarks without a connection to World Postcard Day (but not mentioning Postcrossing) will at least be used in Åland Islands, Malta and Portugal. If anybody knows of any others please share them with us here.

I think I have not mentioned it here yet, but Germany will get a Postcrossing stamp in 2022! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I like this time of the year when all the countries start to publish their stamp programmes for the upcoming year. Yesterday I have seen the programme from Luxembourg and they plan to issue a Postcrossing stamp on 13th September 2022. :partying_face:

If you know of any upcoming issues please share them with us!

3 Likes

That’s the Brazilian Postcrossing stamp released in 2020.

Sadly, I don’t have the corresponding postmark, but I found this picture on Brazilian Postal Service website.

9 Likes

That stamp looks nice. I never saw it before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Netherlands 2011
Found these on a online marketplace.
Love to use them.

6 Likes

and there will be a meeting planned on September 17th

Is Germany really releasing a Postcrossing stamp?? For real?? :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Yes, scheduled for Oct 6.

3 Likes

I found another city which used the Russian type 1 postmark: Chelyabinsk. This is from 2018. I have no information when it was first used and indeed whether it still might be in use:

1 Like

Here is an image of Luxembourg’s upcoming Postcrossing stamp. Images for the Estonian and German stamps are eagerly awaited.

10 Likes

Stamps from Belarus: 2017 and 2021. I recently purchased the first option and am very happy! :smile:

6 Likes