Show us your Selfmade "fake" Stamps/ Cinderella Stamps/ Artistamps

So, today, I made a perforated sheet by myself with a needle for the sewing machine. I perforated one by one with my hands !

8 Likes

And here are my ArtiStamps made with my hand-carved stamp prints. The preforated sheets are by my hands with a needle one by one and I stamped each carved-stamp image one by one with my hands :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

What a pity! We tried some roller that’s for sewing before we could get hold of that perforating machine.

Some years ago I collected many possibilities about how to make artistamps and posted them here, I also linked to various possibilities that you can see in the forum.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/closed-handmade-rr/2058/837

These are the two links where I found good information:

5 Likes

You can see one sheet of artistamps that @Speicher3 and I made a while ago in this blogpost:

8 Likes

And this is one of my latest artistamp sheets that I made with handcarved rubber stamps:

16 Likes

As it fits in here better, I moved the discussion about this post to the artistamps topic.

1 Like

What a pity:

It’s about fraud - people are being encouraged to send mail without valid postage :frowning:
How sad!
I would have liked to participate if it had been about decorating mail with additional artistamps.

1 Like

So, it’s just one day a year. The call was made for a specific location: here the Lausanne typewriter museum which will hold an exhibition in May 2024.

I spent a day and a half working to make the envelope, decorations and collage. French post is ok just for this exceptional day! it is not hidden fraud: it is obligatory to write on the envelope “14th World Day of Fake Artist Stamps” and to post it on that day only.

5 Likes

Your artwork is really great and it’s obvious it took some time.
A great contribution to a Mail Art Exhibition :+1:
Thanks for explaining more exactly! I don’t really speak french and used a translator to read that page. If it’s in cooperation with LaPoste, that’s totally fine. But cannot be sent from other countries than France, then.

1 Like

So, it is true that I don’t know the legislation for other countries. But I imagine Switzerland must be ok too since the reception venue is in Switzerland this year … ?

https://machineaecrire.ch/actu/

1 Like

12 Likes

But why’s he dressed like that? Snoopy lives in Arizona.

1 Like

Just finished this pigeon stamp.

18 Likes

My latest ArtiStamps made with my hand-carved stamp :

10 Likes

Worked on this stamp over the weekend. Background color is metallic silver - does not show well on the photo.

5 Likes

Stamp inspired by Gustav Klimt’s flowers. It was just an experiment to see how paint will show on black background so composition is not great. Hope to do a better one next. :rofl:

10 Likes

Just spotted this thread and I am utterly fascinated with @reisegern’s antique perforator! :smiley:

I thought I would share these photos in case it might be helpful. :woman_shrugging:t3: I found these scissors in a pack of ten - I don’t know what you would call them really - novelty scissors? - in a shop in the U.K. It was years ago now, but it would have been either The Works or The Range, but you can get them anywhere now.

I think they are marketed towards children really but I don’t care! :laughing: I’ve looked after the whole set and they work great - you just have to work slowly and patiently! I am mentioning these scissors in case people might not know about them and it’s another option for making faux stamps? :grinning:

If you are aware of these scissors, just ignore this post! :smile:

Obviously, these work better if you are cutting individual faux stamps - it’s not quick or easy for mass making. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

They’re usually called pinking shears x