Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

It’s scary when just looking at the colours alone I know the pigment colours already… and have just learned another language for them :joy:

Are these Daniel Smith paints? On… Cold Press?

Great work! Your strawberries look an awful lot like the alpine variety I grow here (heirloom varieties do much better in my local conditions)… though as it’s winter mine aren’t growing flowers for a few more months :pensive:

2 Likes

Thanks!
They all are Winsor and Newton except on Prussian Blue, which is Van Gogh’s. Half of them professional, half of them Cotman…

The strawberries are, indeed, a wild variety. I’ve seen them growing in some forests in Galicia, and we’ve been lucky that they’re growing properly in our hot, andalusian patio. The varieties on sale here are about four or more times bigger, but they are also quite sour. These little ones taste just like candy.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m new to this forum) Write me, if you’re interested in direct swaps

1. Zara (Not available)

2. Retro (Not available)

3. Retro (Not available)

4. Russian culture ( Not available)

5. Russian history

6. Russian soul (Not available)

7. Vintage

8. Back to USSR

27 Likes

finally my olympic-related card got finished just the last day
of the olympic games in tokio!!! and also with another try
of handlettering!

thumbnail_olympic_2020_handp.kl

19 Likes

Coolnique

1 Like

Hi @lilibet, welcome to the Postcrossing forum community!

If you are interested in exchanging handmade postcards, there are various places in the forum for that.

There’s a directory of all topics about handmade cards and mail art, there you find all topics that are somehow about handmade cards.

If you want to offer your card, you could join the handmade offer tag for example, another really easy one is the Handmade Postcard Tag :scissors: simple - easy - fun or the Colourful handmade postcard - tag besides many other handmade cards tags you can find in the directory.
And then there’s the Handmade RR, where you send and receive 3 cards for each round. It’s good fun and the participants are really friendly and helpful!

5 Likes

I like crayon painting, so I’m trying to make my own crayon postcard, that is, draw the picture I want to draw or the recipient likes directly on the blank Postcard paper. But it hasn’t started yet. I don’t know if anyone is willing to accept these postcards. (Sometimes there are some with mark strokes. )When I finish, I will post the picture here.

5 Likes

I look forward to seeing it!

I think lots of people like to receive handmade artistic cards. Probably don’t send it to someone who specifies that they don’t like handmade cards but that’s just because it might be wasted on them!

2 Likes

This official card expired today, i hope it reaches destination soon :four_leaf_clover:

52 Likes

Wow! I hope you draw (ha ha… no pun intended) my profile one day! These are wonderful. I love homemade postcards.

These are beautiful! Any person would be so lucky to receive one of your postcards!!

2 Likes

Thank you for such nice words! I really appreciate it!

:bouncing: :bouncing: :heart: :bouncing: :bouncing:

Hi, I’m curious to see your drawings! :sunflower:

Thank you!! I just had a holiday today, so I drew some at home. This is my first attempt to draw on a postcard card. It may not be very good and needs more practice. But I hope I can make really nice postcards, because handmade postcards are really meaningful!

33 Likes

These are great! I love the blob faces and girl with a pearl earring :joy: I think lots of people would love to receive these!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I also saw your handmade postcard and It’s really a great idea!! I like them too!

1 Like

Some more cards that have been sent out :blush:

51 Likes

Some more mail art!

35 Likes

congrats!! the sheep with the wool is soooo cute!!!
love it!!

1 Like

Spent a few minutes at the craft table this morning. Any Pokémon fans? I’d drawn up this Lilligant a while back but wasn’t sure what to do with her, so now she’s a postcard.

32 Likes