Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

I just watched a Gelli printing tutorial on YouTube…might have a new hobby now!!

2 Likes

Let me go ahead and tell you, it is a RABBIT HOLE, lol. I saw a video, ordered all kinds of stuff that same day, and since then I’ve been Gelli printing every piece of paper I can find. It’s so much fun!

Saturday I just played with bubble wrap and some favorite colors all day!

22 Likes

well done!!! I love bubble wrap and used it recently as the
background of some cords!!!
but I do with with watercolour and paintbrush…

here is my latest one:

14 Likes

Postcrossing is my latest hobby…I need to wait a few months before I buy any more art supplies :joy: Although it looks like a gelli plate is under £10?? That’s affordable…I have paint…TALK ME DOWN :joy:

1 Like

Gelliprinting is actually a fairly inexpensive hobby, imo. The plates aren’t expensive, and then I just use very cheap craft store acrylic paint. I do have some stamps and stencils I bought, but you can do a lot of texture techniques with just around the house things- sponges, lace, bottle lids, bubble wrap…

I got into both hobbies at the same time too. I’ve spent way more on postcrossing.

3 Likes

It’s on my list!!

here I show you from my official sent-cards different handmades,
as there are zentangle, food packages and collages:

IR-6390

IR-6201

IR-6024

IR-5268

IR-3520

7 Likes

Thank you, you are very kind

I recycled a package of letter paper set to decorate the envelope.

24 Likes

stickers given by a follower, Antique printing, Disney Twisted Wonderland Handwritten Jade, I collaged these and sent them to a friend. it’s marked it with Maitake mushrooms fukeiin. a lot of actions and events😀Lots of memories when collecting, drawing, and sending!

13 Likes

As the postcrosser received it, I can post it.

26 Likes

That’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

First attempt at proper mail art that’s not just slapping on washi and stickers :joy:

32 Likes

here my zentangle No 10!!!

and the same time I started with handlettering,
and here a sample of monoline font!

18 Likes

great idea!!!
beautiful the multicolored background as well as with the matching topic!!!

2 Likes

I was inspired by your work and tried to do it.

14 Likes

And a bit more

30 Likes

well done, dear olga!!!
love it, to be your ‘influencer’… hehe…

ohhhhh, great, and another curve stitching!!!
my love!!! have to get more experience!!!

It was a collage sort of day!

Skater, fonts, I’m looking at you, and slightly erotic

19 Likes

Question- is it ‘handmade’ if you stick one or two pieces of a magazine on to a card?? :joy: (I like them!)

20 Likes