Show Us Your ATC (Artist Trading Cards)

Oh I really like that one! Did you embroider it? :slight_smile:

Yes, it is cross stitched :relaxed:

1 Like

My second attempt :sunny:

21 Likes

Maybe not perfect but good enough to participate in a TAG?

27 Likes

Love it! Inspires me to do an embroidery one!

1 Like

Just a quick question: what do you write on the back?
And I think it’s best to send them in an envelope because stamps will be difficult to put on this small card :sweat_smile:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: Artist trading cards :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: turned 25 years a few days ago! They were invented as an art project by Swiss artist M. Vänçi Stirnemann in 1997. There’s a private facebook group called ATC - Artist Trading Cards where that artist is a member. You can applicate for membership easily, if you like to. (That group isn’t about trading cards, there are many other groups for doing so - a quick search will help you.)

For reading more about Artist Trading cards, you can find endless results in the www when using any search engine. You could also check the artist’s website

https://www.artist-trading-cards.ch

or read more on wikipedia:

Most important: Your name.

Anything else depends on individual swap agreements, your personal preferences, …

Many artists add the title of their work, the date of creation, serial numbers (if you produce a number of similar cards, add x/y for number x of y similar cards), number of the card (if you number all your cards you created, start with 1 for the first card you made…)

If you search online for “artist trading card back template”, you will find a variety of suggestions. Some people use printouts, some have their own design they multiply by copying, some use rubber stamp templates, some design the back individually.

Definitely. ATCs were not invented for sending as a postcard. They are also too small for most of the machines that handle our mail worldwide and are likely to get stuck or destroyed in the machines :cry:

3 Likes

I write my name and then some of the following : I am not consistent.

• the medium I used if it isn’t obvious
  • whether it was a draft. I usually do a draft, and If the drafts are decent I sometimes give them away as an extra surprise.
  • edition of it used print making or I drew a series. Like 1/5 is the first of five made
  • email
  • Postcrossing user name
  • name of the tag or swap
  • other sites user name if you swap elsewhere
  • date made
  • random facts!
1 Like

Thank you! This is very clear information :blush: Now i am able to finish my project :grin:

1 Like

Also people sometimes want them sent in a plastic sleeve. I didn’t know that at first. You can sometimes get those at game stores or art stores.

1 Like

Today I made these ones,I hope you like it
IMG_20220501_210059
IMG_20220501_213133
IMG_20220501_213145

7 Likes

My latest ATCs:

22 Likes

I had made this batch of ATCs quite a while ago, and never actually posted them anywhere, but then I found this topic and decided to share :grin:
I have attempted making these cards before, but I clearly remember not being satisfied with the results that much, so I’m pleased I was able to make something I feel good about (there’s always room for improvement, of course)

31 Likes

I think these are wonderful! :smiley: I am always amazed how many details people can fit on these small cards…

:green_heart: :fox_face:

These are fab!! :heart_eyes: I love the colours and detail.

Thank you so much! It certainly was a smaller size than I’m used to, but I’ve always loved adding little details to my craft projects, so it was fun. But I had to spend some time looking for elements that were the right size :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I just love adding colors to whatever it is I’m making, and I definitely didn’t restrict myself with this project :smile:

2 Likes

i’m not sure if these qualify as ATCs but this thread inspired me to try make some today. i really enjoyed making them! 🫶🏻

10 Likes

Made some Master Studies of my fav illustrators.

60 Likes

I love the flower fairy :heart_eyes: Amazing how you get so much detail on such a little card!! :flushed: Totally stunned

3 Likes