Ruhr Area Meetup in Dortmund, 13th August 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Dortmund, Germany
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Atelier Zeitraum 4, Kaiserstr. 76
:calendar: DATE: 13th August, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10-16:00
Watercolor workshop 10-11:45, rest 12-16:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

I’m creating the meetup topic for @One-Happy-Girl, who’s doing the biggest part of the meetup organization! I’m just helping. :blush: You can ask both her and me for more information.

We want to have a “Make Art, not War” meetup in the Kaiserviertel of Dortmund. There will be two parts, a watercolor postcard workshop led by @One-Happy-Girl and afterwards a small tour through the Kaiserviertel (with postcard shopping at two cute little shops of course!), a possibility of getting a lunch snack, then gathering at the gallery for or chatting and card stamping. In the end, we can have dinner together.
The Atelier Zeitraum 4 gallery is a professional art gallery that we can use as our “home base” for the meetup, we’ll have it for ourselves.
The detailed plan is as follows:

10-11:45: Watercolor postcard workshop. @One-Happy-Girl is a professional art instructor and has quite some knowledge to share. She’ll bring materials for everyone, but you can bring your own materials as well. It’ll also be possible to buy some of the materials if you want to use them at home. The workshop is open for everyone - whether it’s your first time working with watercolors or if you’ve had a dozen exhibitions at New York already. ;D The workshop is open for max 10 people so we can make sure that everyone is taken care of.

12:00: Meeting the rest of the meetup participants at the Kaiserbrunnen at Kaiserstraße. We then take a tour through the Kaiserviertel with fun facts and postcard shopping. :sparkles: At ca 12:45-13:00 we can have a lunch snack, there are many bakeries where you can get something for lunch, or you can bring your own food.

13:00-16:00: We go back to the gallery and have time to chat, stamp cards, look at some art
 And just enjoy our company. You can always go out to stroll through the neighborhood - the gallery is our home base. :blush: There’ll be no one else, just us. There are 13 steps (we counted!) to the gallery - if someone needs help to get there, I’m sure we can do that.

At 16:00 we’d like to give everyone the opportunity to have some early dinner together. You can bring your own food or get something at the many takeaway restaurants in the neighborhood. Or you can just head home - it’s planned as an open end. :blush:

Since we rent the gallery for the meetup and we have to pay a small fee, we’d ask every participant to help us making this meetup possible by giving €5 for the rent.

This is the meetup card:

Please post here to let us know how many copies you want! They’ll be €0.32 per card. :postcard:

We’d like to have max 20 people attend the meetup, due to limited space at the venue.
Participants:

1. @One-Happy-Girl
  2. @Axolotl_ (+workshop)
  3. Axolotl_'s +1 (+workshop)
  4. @reisegern (+workshop)
  5. @frewen (+workshop)
  6. @MiriMayhem (+workshop)
  7. @Duesseljin (+workshop)
  8. @eriberry (+workshop)
  9. @reiselustig (+workshop)
  10. @Jarana (+workshop)
  11. @die_gute_fee (+workshop)
  12. @Luedenscheid
  13. @Ylvi (+workshop)
  14. @nearlyperfect
  15. @tika
  16. @Cardbox
  17. @basketball5
  18. @ssussanne
  19. @Dandelion_66
  20. @anon95195522
  21. @Weselfee79

Workshop waiting list:

1. @tika
  2. @ssussanne
  3. @Dandelion_66
10 Likes

Oh, I’d love to join the fun, especially the workshop!
I will try to book my train ticket and a place for staying the night soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How lovely to see you again! I added you to the participant list! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Please count me in for both the meetup and the workshop - what a great idea! :grinning:

3 Likes

I’d love to take part incl the workshop. Don’t have my shift schedule yet, but it’s my free weekend, so it should be 99% safe

3 Likes

I‘d also love to join the meeting and the workshop, so please put me on the list.

Lovely idea, maybe the workshops inspires me to do more handicraft again. Used to do a lot more until quite a while ago.

3 Likes

Can we swap

hello, i would like to participate incl. workshop

LG Carola

3 Likes

:blush: please count me in for meeting & workshop :grinning:

5 Likes

Ich freue mich schon so! Habe fĂŒr eine entspanntere An- und Abreise Fahrkarten gebucht und mir ein Hotel organisiert. Jetzt muss es nur noch August werden :wink:

(P.S.: So lange alle wichtigen Infos auf Englisch sind, darf man in den Meetup-Topics in der Landessprache schreiben.)

3 Likes

Ich wĂŒrde auch sehr gern mitmachen (inklusive workshop) weiß aber noch nicht, ob ich dann vielleicht im Urlaub bin - Kann ich erstmal den 10. Platz fĂŒr mich reservieren und ihr macht ja sicher noch eine Warteliste auf, falls es bei mir spontan nicht klappt - oder?

Danke fĂŒr den Hinweis @reisegern!

2 Likes

Pack ich dich drauf! WĂ€re total toll, wenn es klappt. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Das Meetup ist jetzt im Kalender hinzugefĂŒgt und damit können wir euch das Motiv der Meetupkarte prĂ€sentieren! Bitte postet am besten hier, wie viele Exemplare ihr gerne hĂ€ttet. Ich kann es bestimmt auch hinkriegen, euch sie vor dem Meetup zuzuschicken, wenn gewĂŒnscht. :relaxed:

Wie viel die Karten kosten, wissen wir, sobald wir eine Druckerei gefunden haben. :grin:

2 Likes

Das Postcrossing-Logo darf leider nicht auf blauem Untergrund stehen, da mĂŒsst ihr leider nochmal etwas Ă€ndern :cry:
(Siehe Logo Guidelines)
(erledigt)

Ich hÀtte von der korrigierten Version dann spÀter gerne so 10 bis 20 Karten, je nach Preis. Sage ich dann. Die Idee und Umsetzung gefÀllt mir sehr gut.

Stimmt, da hast du natĂŒrlich Recht! Gebe ich Melina nochmal zur Überarbeitung zurĂŒck!

2 Likes

Hi! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album ĐžŃˆĐžĐ±ĐșĐ° 429
Thanks!

Wenn ich komme, wĂŒrde ich auch in der GrĂ¶ĂŸenordung 10 - 20 was nehmen, aber was mach ich, wenn ich nicht komme?

1 Like

Ich wĂŒrde mich bereiterklĂ€ren, die Karten, die eventuell ĂŒbrigbleiben, dann zu ĂŒbernehmen. Weißt du schon, wann du sagen kannst, ob du kommst? Vielleicht ist das ja sogar bevor wir die Karten drucken lassen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

10-20 klingt auch fĂŒr mich nach einer guten Menge

Das ist jetzt mein erstes Meetup
 Habt ihr alle Stempel fĂŒr die Karten?

1 Like

Die meisten von uns haben Stempel, wenn ich das richtig ĂŒberblicke. Wenn es nicht so viele Karten zu unterschreiben sind, mache ich das aber auch ganz gerne mit dem Stift.
Es sieht ja so aus, als wĂŒrde das Meeting nicht so sehr voll werden. Ich denke, du musst nicht zwingend mit Stempel anrĂŒcken. Hat auch den Vorteil, dass du dir bei allen anderen erst die verschiedenen Stempel ansehen kannst, die es so gibt. Außerdem ist der Zeitplan so, dass wir uns beim Unterzeichnen der Karten nicht abhetzen mĂŒssen.

2 Likes