[RR] šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1)

Happy to - hope youā€™re OK! :heart_eyes_cat:

Groups 1312 and 1313 closed and I just sent the address lists.

Thanks, everyone! FlowerSmiley.jpg

Can I please join the next group? thank you!

1312 is in the mail. Iā€™ll slow down when I go back to work in 2 weeks!

Next group please!

1313 is mailed today

Iā€™m good!

#1312 is in the mail.

Can I join the next small group please?

Fun card in todayā€™s mail!

GROUP 1306

@Cmleonard630 sent a ā€œGeneric Postcardā€, which allows the sender to check certain boxes on the back in order to create a customized message. Thank you, Tina! I wish Iā€™d gotten to meet you on your visit to Florida, but Iā€™m glad to hear you had a great time. And no, Iā€™m decidedly NOT keeping out of mischief! :sunglasses:

GROUP 1281

@Crystalinne - a hand-drawn card with an absolutely adorable illustration of Diddl. Thank you. I love it. A German exchange student introduced me to that character in 1999.

GROUP 1311 cards are in the mailbox.

Please add me to another group.

1 Like

1310 are sent!

@theosprey247 sends a postcard of the International Space Station! Thank you so much. I have seen it a few times in the sky I think its amazing people can be in it. Also love the sun stamp!

@Uconn sends a card of a car called ā€œPennington carā€ very cool! The guy on the back of it is my favorite. He looks very serious about the picture. I have never seen anything like this vehicle, and I like it. Hope you had fun on your day trip it sounds like a good time. :slight_smile:

@anon68172931 sends a card of the 92 year old grannie that smokes a pipe 5 times a day and she thinks its the secret to a long life! I wouldnā€™t want to mess with her. thank you! I also feel like werre all sort of a family. Its fun sending cards to everyone and seeing mail back in my box!

@ellistrations sends a Red Ford Mustang!! Thank you so much. I have enjoyed this challange of the month and have seen a lot of interested vehicles. My new one for august will be ā€œtoysā€. Hopefully Ill have some for your new challenge.

2 Likes

Recā€™d 1307
@anon68172931 A great homemade postcard with lots and lots of fun stickers. Love it! Thank you

@MichelleW may I join a small group.

Group 1312 has been sent to:

@littleredtamale
@leolikesdvorak
@scoutingbear
@koyohtay

1 Like

Group 1300 (I have received all postcards :slight_smile: )

@jaqueposts Thanks for the great postcard of the Denver Zoo. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you made it back home safely.

Group 1310
@theosprey247 - Hawaiian Sea Turtle, thank you! When I visited last year in February, I saw a couple turtles on Laniakea Beach on the North Shore. So beautiful! Hereā€™s one of them:

@Ukucaitie - the Batmobile, thank you! What a cool card! Iā€™m shocked that a theme park had none of their own postcards, hahaā€¦ Like what? This is a cool alternative though! :joy:

@steresem - Best Summer Tours, thank you! Neat card with all the big tourist attractions at the bottom. I am well, I spent the day watching both Space Jam moviesā€¦ Definitely prefer the first. I think Eclipse is also my favorite of the Twilight series.

1 Like

Closing out group 1300 is a Mexican art card from @esca0417 . Summer is also my least favorite season. I prefer Autumn.

From group 1310:
@ellistrations an antique mailbox set in a brick wall, lively with lots of washi tape.

Thank you!

1 Like

Four postcards arrived today, all for this RR!

GROUP 1308:

@MichelleW - ā€œApartment Houses, East Riverā€ by Edward Hopper. Somehow, they seem a little sad despite their waterfront location. Great stickers and washi tape, too. Yes, your state does have some major challenges!

GROUP 1309:

@lyndylou - an old map with part of Zanzibar and some smaller outlying islands in the Indian Ocean. My brother visited Zanzibar a few years ago, combining that with a visit to Oman, since they were once controlled jointly by one sultan. Glad you are still getting out for some good local walks. Let me know your favorites. I appreciate the book recommendation, too.

@scoutingbear - a poster for Bryce Canyon National Park. Oooh, I like the idea of going in the winter.

@anon68172931 - ā€œA Girl Readingā€ by Frank Duveneck. I wish I could read with the concentration I had pre 2016. It continues to be a challenge. I appreciated virtually sharing coffee with you. I was never much of a coffee drinker when I was working, but now I make a pot every morning to enjoy. And yes, I still wear masks in public despite having had the vaccines.

Thanks so much, everyone.

Iā€™ve now received ALL my cards for both groups 1300 and 1306! Please add me to a small group. Thanks.

Group 1300:

@esca0417 ā€“ thank you for the ā€œMuseumā€ from ā€œA Modern Cityā€. Iā€™ve looked up this set of cards before (online), and theyā€™re interesting. There were 32 designs done by a French architect, Robert Mallet Stevens, in 1922. Good addition to my collection of museum cards.

@Littleredtamale ā€“ aww - I love puppies! I love THIS puppy! Thank you!

Group 1306:

@Cmleonard630 ā€“ glad you had a such a good time in Florida, and that you brought me back this funny Florida-animal card! My favorite is the alligator with a cool drink ā€“ whiskey sour? Thank you!

@Leolikesdvorak ā€“ ā€œPitlessie Fairā€, a Scottish painting by David Willkie. I really like this painting! Thanks! And congratulations for receiving your employment authorization.

1 Like

Happy mail today!
From @lyndylou5 a ā€œbuild a bear grizzlyā€. Thatā€™s so awesome
And I love stories of bears in the wild.

From @hootnoodle I hope your picnic went well. Itā€™s so nice having groups of friends and family who are vaccinated.

Group 1310 received from @theosprey247 a Seventh Sister Inquisitor Star Wars card. Do you know where this character is from, Iā€™m coming up blank. It seems Disney is loving the success of Disney +, so weā€™ll have to see what they do for movies in the future. Thanks!

Thank you @clouisesz for the wonderful card from Group 1239. I absolutely adore the Chicago theater card. Iā€™ve seen shows in theaters in Chicago.

G-1315 please add a lady :grin: