[RR] The British Isles RR ★

@maddymail You’re signed up - welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

RR updated. :white_check_mark:

Hi @claireandivy - thanks for the suggestion!

I think you mean a group where people would sent postcards that they had bought overseas. :earth_africa: :earth_americas: :earth_asia: (If you mean something else, please explain!)

I think the best way to find out if enough people like that idea is to make a little poll. :slightly_smiling_face:
So if you like Claire’s suggestion, please respond!

Would you enjoy a “card from another country” group?
  • YES!
  • Not for me.

0 voters

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t word it properly but yes, that’s what I meant :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you and yes I understand :grinning:

I took part in a RR that coffeedoff ran and everything went well. I love swapping as much as sending and receiving…

Exciting stuff…thanks for running this and bring so organised :+1:t3::slightly_smiling_face::star:

1 Like

Just to say I did that within the group anyway - it wasn’t specified that it had to be from the UK so I sent one from Greece that still fit within the theme. Might work for the other groups too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Group #005 - received from @candyflosscurls and @katiemmj

Thank you for your beautiful seaview on the Isle of Scilly, Alys. It is a very remote part of the UK, so I have never been, but we regularly do beach cleans when out walking on the Isle of Wight. It is shocking which amount of rubbish gets stranded on the beaches. Thank you for your very sweet sticker of a mouse holding a stamp, that is the cutest sticker ever :heart_eyes:

Thank you for stunning view card of Perthshire, Katie. I long for a change of scenery just looking at it. Reading can’t compete with such natural beauty! My family lives abroad, so I haven’t seen them in over a year. Let’s hope we can safely visit our loved ones again in the next half year or so.

4 Likes

So glad you liked it! I meant to write that we don’t live too far from one another - I’m near Woking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done, everyone - our first group has now been completed! :tada:

Details of all the completed groups will appear in the fourth post in this thread - “Closed Groups”. Just click the drop-down arrow.

Since that group was very popular, I’ve opened another “Natural Landscape” group right away, the excitingly-numbered #007. :sunglasses: Do sign up for more beautiful landscape postcards. (“Do you expect me to talk?” “No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to send me a postcard!”)

3 Likes

Okay, as there are 5 positive replies to this poll, it looks like Claire’s suggestion was popular! I’ve just opened Group #008 - Another Country.

Good idea @claireandivy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Please sign me up for that group!

1 Like

Done. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d love to join group #008 as well, please

Could I also join group 008 please

Group #001 My postcards have been sent today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, can I join group #008 instead of group #003 as my first RR?

1 Like

Yes, that’s fine. I’ve swapped you into Group #008, which is now filled. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve sent out the addresses. :postcard:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I have posted the postcards for Group #008.

Best regards

1 Like

Excellent!

Group #001 thank you @figtrees, lovely card of Conwy castle. I’m afraid my cards are not yet sent :blush:

1 Like