[RR] Alternative Monthly NARR - October to December 2021

Hello everyone,

I want to begin by thanking @cawindt for all the awesome work he does as a host for the NARR each month

After seeing how quickly Craig’s NARR fills up each month and how many members cannot join in time, I have consulted with him and he has given me his blessing to propose to do an Alternative monthly NARR.

The goal of this RR is to create a second group of members who were not able to join the main RR but still want to exchange cards for the month.

A few ground rules:

• @cawindt ‘s RR is still the main one. This alternative RR will only open AFTER the main NARR has closed for the month.
  • I don’t want to exclude anyone at this point, but if we see that it becomes too crowded, priority will be given to members who have not been able to join the main NARR.
  • The maximum number of members to 20. This RR will close on Dec 1 regardless of how many people have joined.
  • If some members do decide to join despite being in the main RR, please give priority to the main RR and send your card for that one first. You can therefore have until the 20 of the month to send cards for this one.
  • Please consider the preferences of members when choosing cards!
  • I have the addresses of most people, but if you can send it to me again for the first month so I can group them together I would appreciate it.
  • This RR is open to North America members only!

Thank you everyone for your interest and happy December

Participating members for December 2021

1. @AccentOnHakes Sent All / Received from: ALL
  2. @LaurenceB Sent All / Received from: ALL
  3. @BarbL Sent All / Received from: ALL
  4. @Beachyblonde Sent All / Received from: ALL
  5. @hootnoodle Sent All / Received from: ALL
  6. @jocrafts Sent All / Received from: 1,3,5,9,10,13
  7. @bgamos Sent All / Received from: ALL
  8. @DCMdVa Sent All / Received from: All but 11
  9. @scoutingbear Sent All / Received from: ALL
  10. @Sunshein Sent All / Received from: ALL
  11. @TwoDoggies Sent All / Received from: ALL
  12. @cmsh_616 Sent All / Received from: ALL
  13. @littleredtamale Sent All / Received from: ALL

Participating members for November 2021

1. @Sunshein / Received from: ALL
  2. @jocrafts Sent All / Received from: ALL
  3. @TwoDoggies Sent All / Received from: ALL
  4. @scoutingbear Sent All / Received from: ALL
  5. @Beachyblonde Sent All / Received from: ALL
  6. @BarbL Sent All / Received from: ALL
  7. @Mapswell Sent All / Received from: ALL
  8. @DCMdVa Sent All / Received from: ALL
  9. @LaurenceB Sent All / Received from: ALL

Participating members for October 2021:

1. @LaurenceB Sent All / Received from: ALL
  2. @Yarn-Lady Sent All / Received from: ALL
  3. @KatieM Sent All / Received from: ALL
  4. @durangirl Sent All / Received from: ALL
  5. @VanCityMatt Sent All / Received from: ALL
  6. @Beachyblonde Sent All / Received from: ALL
  7. @BarbL Sent All / Received from: ALL
  8. @DCMdVa Sent All / Received from: 1,2,3,4,6,7
12 Likes

Hi Laurence: I just wanted to commend you for taking this on. I’ve missed Craig’s RR several times and just squeaked in for October. I saw that you just missed it as well and I know how disappointing it is. So, it’s great to know there will be a possible Plan B for the future.

:clap:

6 Likes

I second that! I’d join in a heartbeat. Hope this works out, it’s a wonderful idea! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you @TwoDoggies and @ellistrations for your support and kind words :blush:

3 Likes

I had the same Idea - glad I saw this first before I chatted with Craig! - I would love to join!
Thank you!

4 Likes

I felt so bad when the month closed out before you could join. I can’t remember the last time you didn’t participate.

5 Likes

The main RR has gotten so popular recently. I remember when I first started that it wasn’t uncommon that we didn’t hit 30, and now it sometimes fills up within a day. I can’t join in this month but am looking forward to participating in one of the two in November. Thank you for doing the hard work of hosting.

4 Likes

Yup - back in the day, there was no limit, as it typically hovered between 25 to 35 participants a month, with some months having as few as 20. Once it consistently started having numbers in the mid-30s, the limit was put in place. That worked fairly well until the new forum came into being, where more people became aware and active in it. Without a limit now, I’m afraid we’d have well over 40 to 50 each month, which would turn some people off from participating…me included!

5 Likes

Neither can I -

I’ll join. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining!
And also a warm welcome to @durangirl and @VanCityMatt :blush:

3 Likes

So would I be rude (or crazy) to join this Alt RR? It is World Postcard Day on Friday! haha

2 Likes

Of course not @Beachyblonde , you are more than welcome to join! The more the merrier :blush:

2 Likes

I would like to join for October! Thanks for taking this on :trophy:

2 Likes

I’d like to join too. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for joining! Sign ups are now closed and I have sent the addresses of the participating members! :tada:

2 Likes

My postcards are in the mail :postbox: - Happy World Postcard Day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

All my postcard have gone out today. HAPPY WORLD POSTCARD DAY!

1 Like

My postcards are on their way!

1 Like

All of my postcards went out in today’s mail :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like