[RR] Alternative Monthly NARR - Jan-Aug 2024 - August sign-ups open

#13 BeachyBlonde for March

I received some more cards:
#4 @Maslover12 Thank you for the fun Big letter postcard! I love the washi tape too!
#7 @oniisen Thank you for the beautiful beach postcard! I want to live by the beach someday as well! I don’t even care what beach!
#13 @KQ Thank you for the lovely postcard! I hope the weather has warmed back up again!

4 Likes

March
#8 @KQ I love the 40 cent fox stamps too. I keep a surplus of them at all times! I can’t wait to see the DND stamps that are supposed to come out soon!

2 Likes

March Reporting In…
Received from #1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 14.
@AccentOnHakes Thank you for the De Kooning painting. I love his work!
@rainandfog Thank you for the Gaugin…I just saw a bunch of his Tahitian paintings in Chicago. Love the block colors that he used.
@harleyq2btrue Thank you for the birthday wishes! And the great Black tailed deer…
@Maslover12 Thank you for the De Meyer photograph. Appreciate that era …
@oniisen Sent a Shakespeare card with the great quote “my soul is in the sky!”
@KQ Sent a Diego Rivera! I’m so spoiled this month with all the art work cards. Thank you.
@Cocosmom Yes I have dogs…but I’ve had cats. Did you know that domestic cats are not native to North America…they were brought here by the Pilgrims!
@potatertot Sent a surat! That’s one I haven’t seen. I just saw the Sunday in the Park again in Chicago…such a talent.
@kat4544 Thank you for the amazing painting…I adore this card. It’s up in my nursing office!
@Beachyblonde Sent a paradise key …a place I’ve never been! And want to visit!
@k8thegr8 Sent a photo of Andy Warhol and Georgia Okeefe. Two Icons whose work I really like! Thank you all so much. I really feel like my art cup was filled up by all of you,
Garry

8 Likes

Alt NARR March 2024

Received from @LaurenceB #… a vintage Brentwood Apartments & Hotel postcard. It shows 4 classic cars in front of a hotel with a family posing in a convertible. Palm trees are in the background. Love it! I love classic cars and it reminds me of an old picture of my mom standing in front of a hotel where she worked. It also reminds me of the first time I ever saw palm trees as a kid. I was just mesmerized by them (I grew up surrounded by pine trees, lol). Anyway, I hope you have a great vacation! Thanks so much!

Received from @Beachyblonde #13 a Shark Teeth postcard. Very cool! Thank you! I had no idea there was a “Snaggletooth” shark, lol. I’ve got to look it up. The megaladon tooth is really cool! Happy birthday and enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

Received for March
@Beachyblonde Alabama. Sounds like a fun trip.
@nursegarry A cute Guinea pig. Mine was named Wilbur. I would try a bite.
@LaurenceB A swing. I watch way to much tv.
@oniisen A fun food card. What a great idea to have an educational goal.
@KQ Adorable temporary art. We too switched back to winter.

Thanks everyone

3 Likes

#8 March, received yesterday:

From #7 @oniisen a postcard with not one, but three(!!) streetlamps of different types. Indeed, that 20c stamp does look a bit familiar! I wonder where I saw it before.

From #11 @LaurenceB a stamp postcard from New Zealand, beautifully decorated message-side with many excellent stamps!

2 Likes

March #9 Cocosmom
Received #13 from Whitney @Beachyblonde the historic Pensacola Lighthouse across the street from the National Naval Aviation Museum, which my hubby would like. Thanks for the card from your family spring break trip.

1 Like

#14 reporting for March!

#1 @AccentOnHakes sent “Cave Fauna of Marengo Cave” which has the coolest translucent looking crayfish creature and a newt! Thank you!

#2 @rainandfog sent a Yellowstone National Park travel poster with buffalo! Glad you enjoyed Hozier’s concert, I saw him in Portland and had a great time dancing up in the nosebleeds! :rofl:

#3 @harleyq2btrue sent a sunset themed Seattle Space Needle for my travel poster collection, thank you!

#4 @Maslover12 sent an Iowa map card with the cutest mushroom drawings on the back! :mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

#5 @sleepyhippo1 sent a “Hawks Nest State Park” card from West Virginia :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

#7 @oniisen sent a beautiful desert landscape painting, thank you for the hike suggestion in Arizona!!

#8 @KQ sent an adorable snail sidewalk chalk art by David Zinn from Ann Arbor, MI!

#9 @Cocosmom sent a funny “civil disobedience” card with a seagull in a no seagull zone. Love your neat handwriting by the way!

#10 @potatertot sent a beautiful mushroom illustration, thank you!

#12 @kat4544 sent a postcard of music icon, George Michael. One of my friends is a huge George Michael fan, I will have to share this postcard with him!

#13 @Beachyblonde sent a Huntsville, Alabama card with the Space Shuttle on it for my travel poster collection. Thank you so much!

8 Likes

April cards have just been dropped in the mailbox!

2 Likes

January A latecomer has arrived from Lily @Mingfei7 Thank you for the interesting card. I had to look this one up- Mariana Islands! This card has been traveling since January :airplane:
*Now I’ve received all for January

1 Like

Alternative NARR April #10 Reporting all cards sent

1 Like

From March Thank you @LaurenceB Love the B&W image from Paris…so romantic. All the best,
Garry

1 Like

#3 all postcards for April are in the mail

1 Like

#3 reposting one lovely postcard from March from @KQ ( #8 ) a beautiful Round Island Lighthouse Postcard. thats interesting about how many light houses there are & im from a small “city” and i have yet to find postcards that are currently printed for my home town. I understand the affordability part of it as well. thankyou for the beautiful card & information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

April cards are mailed from #1

1 Like

April
All cards are traveling from #2

1 Like

Received two cards for March from @KQ and @LaurenceB
Thank you so much

2 Likes

good Morning all #3 received my first April card already (wholly guacamole Batman Fast LOL)
from @Sunhilde a really cool Vintage “Northern Pacific Mt. St. Helens” poster style card. i found this interesting on several levels, as my Uncle was a engineer for Burlington Northern. funny isnt it how our animals become family, My Kids are all grown & gone, so many days its me and our Dog against the world. funny about the bananas, the real Harley wont touch them, but no straw Berrie is safe. again thank you for the amazing postcard !!

2 Likes

April
@Cocosmom sent the Brooklyn Bridge. I have crossed the bridge in the car, but I’d like to do it one day on foot. It is quite a beautiful bridge!

2 Likes

March #9 Received from #7 Sen @oniisen Thanks for the bookstore cats​:books::cat: For a while my library had a cat named Catalog. The stamps, Ayn Rand and A Nation of Readers are great too!

2 Likes