[RR] Alternative Monthly NARR - Jan-Sept 2024 - Sept sign-ups closed

Alt Monthly NARR March

Received from @sleepyhippo1 a funny gorilla card. Thanks for sending me one of your favorites! “Big Man” is such a handsome fella. :blue_heart:

Received from @nursegarry #6 Lucy’s Daughters, silkscreen on cloth by Kiki Smith. I loved the card and hearing about your grandmother. What an amazing lady! Your family reunions must be huge. 🩵

Received from @Maslover12 #4 a pretty dragonfly watercolor. Thank you. And, hearing about your snuggle-bug Jasper made me smile. I wish my dog was a snuggler, lol. She definitely makes me smile a lot though. :purple_heart:

Received from @Cocosmom #9 a menagerie of insects. Love it! You have such nice handwriting. I hear you about some insects. I think, when I started learning about their behavior and how they benefit the environment, is when I started loving/appreciating them (I still hate cockroaches though, lol). :green_heart:

3 Likes

March reporting
@Maslover12 sent a beautiful sunset with a danish windmill. It is currently snowing here and has been for three days! I’m pretty ready for warmth.

@oniisen sent a beautiful building that appears to be German? I have played Stardew Valley. It tends to make me stressed due to the clock. I have so much I want to do in a day and then I pass out! lol! Animal crossing is much less stressful!

@LaurenceB sent my new favorite card! This is beautiful! I’m going to look up Lora Zombie now! I also love the skeleton washi tape. It’s so me! Thank you.

3 Likes

March #1
@oniisen #7 Thank you for the wonderful Marin Headlands card! I love the simple style of these cards.

2 Likes

#3 One beautiful ocean image postcard from #13 @Beachyblonde thank you for the beautiful card & im glad you got some escape time with the kids especially for you Birthday ! i hope you had a amazing time!!

1 Like

Can I join for April please?

1 Like

I would like to join for April please

1 Like

I’d like to join for April please

1 Like

March #9
From #8 Thanks Kevin @KQ for the nice card from the Ann Arbor District Library Black Lives Matter Mural Project. Libraries are doing great things! :books:

2 Likes

Received a great card from @Cocosmom
Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

March #10 checking in :partying_face:

#7 @oniisen - I haven’t had a chance to watch the LA of ATLA yet but have heard many good things about it so far. I’m really bad about keeping up with things as they come out so I usually wait until I’ve got a chunk of free time to binge it all haha. I still never finished watching One Piece LA either :rofl:

Scan 1

#8 @KQ - Richmond is a pretty decent spot to visit. I used to live down in central VA haven’t been the RVA in several years. Less metro than places like NOVA and DC though haha

#11 @LaurenceB - I hope you had fun at the stamp show! I’m going to one soon as part of a PC meetup and I’m quite looking forward to it :smiling_face:

#12 @kat4544 - there’s a few different sets of these pastel paint cards floating around and I’m also so happy to get these :heart_eyes: this one is absolutely gorgeous! The weather has been hit or miss still here sadly. Trying not to catch a cold with this flip flopping weather

Scan 3

4 Likes

I’d like to join for April please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

March #9 Cocosmom
I received two awesome cards!
#4 @Maslover12 Steph found this card with 3 of my favorite things - Apples, Blue Cats, and an Elephant :apple::smile_cat: :elephant: Excellent :heartpulse:Plus another favorite, a sheep sticker. Thanks Steph.
#11 @LaurenceB Laurence sent this bright and beautiful card. Nothing better than reading with a favorite feline. Definitely “Nimm dir Zeit” Is this by a German artist? Love it :heartpulse:

1 Like

Please add me to the April list! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello; I’d like to join April.

March #8, received:
From #4 @Maslover12 I received an excellent postcard depicting a bunch of stamps. I hope Sampson is faring better now. My cat Lily is sitting next to me as I write this.

From #13 @Beachyblonde I received a very cool card with the Blue Angels on them! Hope Florida was nice.

2 Likes

again one lonely but lovely postcard in my (#3) mailbox. a “whispers of the heart” Studio Ghibli card from #7 @oniisen this is the first of these i have received so very interesting to me, My son also listens to those soundtracks so i don’t know much about them, but i know of them, perhaps i should look into them as well. thank you for the fantastic postcard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#7 reporting!

#3 @harleyq2btrue - Thank you for the Dam card (lol)! I’ve been to the Hoover Dam in Arizona, pictures don’t do justice to how massive these dams are! And yay for getting your son into Postcrossing! I’m glad it’s something the younger generation is interested in!

#7 @Maslover12 Thank you for the painted clouds postcard! I looked up Lost Cities Revealed - looks like a really cool show! We need more historical travel shows!

#8 @KQ Thank you for the Mackinac Bridge postcard! Living in a landlocked state, the concept of a bridge connecting to parts of the state is foreign to me, haha

#9 @Cocosmom - Thank you for the Desert Limestone Cave postcard! I have not been to the Arizona-Sonora Desert museum! I actually don’t go to Tucson that often (usually, we’d go north for weekend trips) so haven’t had the chance to explore much of southern Arizona. Though, I have seen the limestone caves in New Mexico, so the postcard looked very familiar, haha

#11 @LaurenceB Thank you for the penguins postcard! Going to a stamp show sounds lovely! I’m also running low on stamps, so I was researching local stamp stores nearby. There’s one in my city that’s been here for 30 years!

#13 @Beachyblonde Thank you for the Blue Angels postcard! My husband went to an airshow last week. He really appreciates the card! We had our honeymoon in Florida, but on the other side - the Space Coast side. I just now realized all the air activity that happens in Florida.

5 Likes

#10 checking in :partying_face:

#4 @Maslover12 - Cherry blossoms are one of my favorite parts of spring! I’m headed into DC tomorrow to go see them at peak bloom and I’m so excited :heart_eyes:

Scan 4 copy

2 Likes

March #1
@LaurenceB #11 Thank you for adding the Iroquois Dam to my list! I love the wide variety of stamps you used.

1 Like

I’ll join April

1 Like

hello all , i hope everyone is enjoying there weekends.
one very cute “house of Orchids” postcard in my (#3) mailbox this afternoon. from @LaurenceB
i wish i could say the same thing about our Tv. we basically dont shut ours off, My husband has to have the background noise, when hes not around im listening to the music channels. I hope you had a good time at the stamp show. they sound like a lot of fun but every time i think to look into it there either last weekend or not for 6 months.

1 Like