Questions about the forum

Pretty sure we can’t delete posts. Most folks just edit the title to say closed, and then they close eventually with inactivity.

So far the method you suggested is the way it’s done so far.

As I came across your post, I added an option to your swap topic: It will automatically close :lock: so that no more posts will be possible in a few hours.

That’s true. Only moderators can do so if necessary. (Usually that’s only necessary for posts that are violating the rules.)

Another option is to add the descriptive tag “closed” to your topic.
Click on the title of your topic, then click the pencil besides the title. You’ll see an option to add tags:

Hi everybody!

I remember that in the old forum, we had a thread where everybody could post their least liked sent or received official postcards. I can’t find it anymore. Does anyone know whether it was moved to the new forum and where I can find it?

Edit: I found it in the old forum. It doesn’t seem to have made it to the new forum. Postcrossing (Legacy) Forum - Beautiful cards with no favourites

Not everybody is on instagram or twitter, so links to those platforms might not be helpful.

Edit:
But you can upload pictures straight to the forum.

And yes, you are allowed to post these links in your lottery. But not everyone might be able to see them as @RalfH said. :slight_smile:

Only self-advertising for a postcard shop is not allowed (apart from a post in the #everything-else:elsewhere-on-the-web category)

1 Like

I moved it to the new forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I have a question to disturb you.

What should I do to start a new topic?

@Krutman

First, you should check whether a similar topic already exist. If there is none, follow the next steps:

You can start a new topic on the start page of the forum (but I have no experience with that,I expect you will have to choose a category in the following steps) or you can go to the category or subcategory you want to start a new topic in. At the top, you will find a button that says “+ New Topic”. In the mobile version, it looks like this:

And then you can start! You need a title that hasn’t been used before.

And (in some categories but not in others) you can add tags so that people can find your topic more easily.

In some categories, a new topic has to be approved by a moderator first so you have to wait for the topic to appear. But they are usually quite fast.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, there!
I’ve got a question.
I run a few RRs and today I was sending the addresses of the group participants, then a window popped up saying that “this member (user name) do not accept any messages”.
I went :scream:!
Is there any function to do that?
How do I get in touch with that member?
Help me!

@siori You can contact them on the main Postcrossing site and/or ask them to change the settings there or with @ in your RR. :thinking:

1 Like

I have a question about how to attach a link, any link, to something, such as favorites, or a mail monitor. I’ve been seeing this for a long time, but I won’t find how to do it myself.

Hi @Inesainesa, I moved your post here because it’s a question about how the forum works.
You can find general help in the first post of this topic - and hopefully someone who’s got more time on their hands to answer your question:

1 Like

I use it very often.
↓Just do what is down ↓

[ here write the name of what you want to write .for example Postcrossing ↓](here put a link to internet page .for example https://community.postcrossing.com)

final result:
Postcrossing

2 Likes

That’s your answer, @Inesainesa, it was in the other topic and I moved it here, too.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it turns out it’s very easy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello :blush:,
Maybe someone will be able to help me or direct me to the right place. I have a question about lotteries. Should I do something if I see that the winner is not continuing the “chain”? How to politely remind them that every winner should continue it?

No. It all started with one chain, but some winners chose to have multiple winners in their part of the chain lottery, so it is absolutely okan to reduce the number of chains a bit.

That is not correct.
When someone wins a chain lottery, he commits to opening a new lottery. This is also the case if there are multiple winners (unless the TO only expects the opening of a single new lottery by one of the winners)

@satinification
If someone has won one of your chain lotteries, you can kindly remind them if they have not started a new lottery after a reasonable time.
Maybe it was just forgotten and they are happy to receive your reminder.

If for some reason you don’t want to do this, you can ask a moderator to do it.

4 Likes

Thank you for answer reply @Bille.

It could have happened. I’ll try to keep the question polite and not sounding like an accusation. I, too, forgot to create a lottery once, and only receiving a card that I won reminded me of it :sweat_smile:.

Thank you for your help. I am checking my notes about cards sent and received, and I noticed that one of the winners did not start any lottery. I will write a PM to this person.

2 Likes