Questions about the forum

I have accidentally deleted a group from the list in Round Robin Directory. I thought I had clicked the upside down pin somewhere by accident, but now I can’t figure out how to put this one group back into the list. Is there a way to reset the list or go back to the default list or something like that?

I don’t understand what you mean.
Can you please explain exactly where you removed what.
The Round Robin directory is not a wiki and therefore only moderators can change anything there.
And the last time something was changed there was 3 days ago.

But just to put your mind at ease:
Normally everything can be undone here :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit:

Ahhh, I think you mean the RR Directory in #communities:north-america
I have had a look there but the last change was on 7 September.

Can you please share here which RR you think you have removed from the list.

Ok. In the RR Directory, in the list, with the groups that begin with “E”, there was a group called “Eyes Closed RR - Group #1000 and up - Single card groups & envelope groups” after I changed something, this group is no longer displaying in my list. I hope that helps.

Do you mean this?

But as I said - you can’t have changed anything, because you can’t edit this post.
So all is well.

Hello everybody​:wink:! Just to say i only discovered this amazing website now :grimacing:and i am so pleased and excited to be able to share arts and postcard with people from all over the world!!
I was wondering if there was a section for kids in postcrossing? My daughter (10 y.o)would be sp happy to receive a little girls’ card for herself as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Let me know :blush:

1 Like

There’s no section just for kids, but many families & kids have official profiles & send & receive cards to everyone on the official site.

Families & kids also do swaps here on the Forum as well. Some schools also have official accounts & do swaps as well. It’s a great hobby for kids. Enjoy!

1 Like

Oh thank you so much for your reply​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: how can i find these families sharing and swaping mails ? Shall i make another topic? Thank you so much​:blush::hugs:

1 Like

I saw that you opened already a penpal topic.
Good luck for your daughter :four_leaf_clover:!

1 Like

Along with your penpal post - you could also make a post just looking for swaps (one exchange of cards generally) with kids or families. Some people don’t want to take on the regular commitment of being a penpal.

Or you could just make the post open to everyone - especially in the beginning, getting any cards can be pretty exciting. You could also look at the existing swap requests & respond to any of those that interest you too. See the link below.

As you can see from those posts, generally people offer up the cards they wish to swap, either by posting images of them or describing them & sometimes ask for particular kinds of cards in return or just cards in general sometimes. People generally respond with a short reply post if interested in swapping & then exchange addresses or card images through private messages. Enjoy!

https://community.postcrossing.com/c/trades-requests-offers/postcards/32

1 Like

Please keep in mind, that your daughter needs to be supervised as long as she is under 13 years old.
The community guidelines rule:
“If you are under 13 years old, you must use the website under the supervision of an adult and with due consent from your parent or legal guardian”

2 Likes

As recent asked in This thread, wondering if it’s possible to control notifications specifically for “likes” to direct messages?

It would be very helpful if there was a button at the top of each forum thread post to scroll all the way to the bottom, and a button at the bottom to return all the way to the top. It takes a very long time to scroll all the way through these posts to get to the bottom and reply to the thread. It is easy on a computer to just click the scroll bar and drag it to the bottom, but this is not an option for mobile browsers.
Thank you

If you use a mobile device, click the reply counter. Then you can jump to the first post or to the last post or scroll faster.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

The fastest way to scroll the thread on computer:
up into the beginning: on the right side, press “Oct 2020” (the datum of the first post)
or
into the bottom: press (now) “1 min ago” ( when the last message has been written)

Hello Billie. Thank you for the welcome. Please tell me where to find these “Other Themes”?

Thank you . VJ

You can find all categories here:
https://community.postcrossing.com/categories

They are here:
https://community.postcrossing.com/c/games-activities/11

You should be able to see them when you click on the postcrossing logo on the top of the site.

If I remember correctly you need to have the status member to see the games section, but you are still on status beginner. Browse a bit around, read some topics that you can see, participate a bit in discussionons and you will get the member status soon.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I had a question about the flag on my profile - I live in Romania so I have set myself the Romanian flag, however I am from Bulgaria. I assume that we are doing our country of living rather than our birth place country on here, but just wanted to confirm?

In some Tags it’s asked to show the country’flag you are currently living. But outside of Tags it’s up to you.

2 Likes