Questions about the forum

There is no pages in this new forum.
You have to scroll up and down, like twitter

However you can put your cursor on the line like in the picture below, then move it up and down to find post number
tes

3 Likes

It is not necessary to scroll so much.
If you have already read a part of a topic and open it again some time later, you will always be taken to the post that you read at last.
And if you want to go straight to the last post, click on the time at the bottom - in @yudi’s picture at “11m ago”

and if you want to go back to the first message,you have to scroll all

No, when you click on the headline you come back to the first post.

well, ok
i sttill miss the pages, I find it’s really more convenient to use

1 Like

Some of these questions were answered already, but I’ll reply to the rest:

Turkey completely changed its name to Türkiye recently, and so the former name is no longer valid. Czech Republic adopted “Czechia” for its short name, but both names are still valid (they’re used interchangeably in Postcrossing, depending on the space available to display the information).

I’m not sure whether I understood your question, but for context, wikis appear in the category where it makes sense for each of them to be. For instance, the wiki about prices of stamps appears in the #postcard-mail:mail-stamps-postal-info category, the Jane Austen wiki appears in the #everything-else:hobbies section.

For now, only regulars (trust level 3) can create their own wikis, but if you think it makes sense that a topic is transformed into a wiki, just flag it as “something else” and let a moderator know. Why not try to make such a wiki for Japan (in the Japanese section), and see how it goes? :slight_smile:

The number on the frontpage is the number of countries and territories currently participating in Postcrossing, ie, the places in which there is at least one member (active or inactive). This number changes over time, as accounts are removed or new members sign up.

3 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate your answers.

And, as I just gained my trust level 3 so I think I will start a wiki in the Japanese section - I think it would be more useful than a lot of different threads cluttering up the section.

1 Like

Hello there,
Why this first emoji don’t work​:love_letter::love_letter: ?

Probably because you didn’t put a free space between “work” and “:love_letter:
Please try it.

1 Like

How does one know if a postcard is from a forum member? And is a forum “member” basically anyone who is on the forums? Sorry, I’ve never even been in any type of forum! I mean, I’m REALLY unschooled about all of this! Thanks for your patience! :smile:

1 Like

You know that someone is a forum member if you can link their names like this: @brandy_lynn

But I guess most who post here just remember the names. If you’re active on the forums, you will soon start to recognize some users, e.g. when you read posts of them regularly or if you play the same games here or you even have met them on a meet-up before.

5 Likes

Y’all must have much better memories than I do! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So then you get randomly assigned to send them a card, or is that a whole different thing? Seems like there are a couple of people who have gotten a LOT of forum member cards, so that seems like that would be a weird coincidence! :woman_shrugging: And thanks for the quick replies, and your continued patience! :rofl:

Yes, exactly. And as it is only a small chance to get it assigned on the main page, people share their joy about it here in this topic. That’s really what this is all about :blush:

1 Like

Well that’s fun! I guess you have a point about remembering names. I would remember yours now, and I’ve already discovered a couple of people who will be at 2 of the same meetups in the next couple of months as I will be. Maybe I won’t be as hopeless after all! Ha! Thanks again for your Postcrossing love and patience! :grin: Sorry I use a lot of exclamation points! I’m excited! A lot! :smiley:

5 Likes

In every part of the forum there is a more or less stable group of people who post there often. You do remember them after a while. The profile picture helps a lot too! It always makes me so confused when someone changes their profile picture :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah, a new picture would be like having a whole new friend! :grin: I recognize your national flag but don’t recall where it is? Where are you? I believe Cassiopheia is from Germany? Correct? (If she sees this.) I’m just curious because I’m still fascinated that we can speak with each other in real time, all over the world! I’m REALLY old school, like dial-phones and no answering machines old school! So I’m continually fascinated by how far things have come!

3 Likes

Yes, and hankadl is from Czechia. If you tap the name or profile pic, you will see the so called user card of the person. There you may see the location (and even the local time for that person). (If they haven’t set their profile to private at least).

Yes, I discovered that immediately after I asked the question. :smile: I’m literally LOL at myself! I’ve been getting on this site for a little while, only to send and register cards. Didn’t know a forum could be so fun! I remembered Germany because everyone on my maternal grandmother’s side is German! Fun fact: We have TWO different Meyer lines! I’m pretty sure they’re prob related somewhere along the way and that my family tree at a certain point becomes a family stick! :grin:

2 Likes

I came here to ask the same question about unliking a post or removing the :heart:. I had similar experience, realized I did not want to offer my support there after reading it again later for more understanding, but now I can’t remove the :heart:.
Le sigh.

1 Like

Something that’s been niggling me for a while, and I’ve been seeing this “problem” quite a bit recently. To do with chain lotteries - if we win one lottery, we accept when we enter that if we win we must start a new one within 5 days. But what I’m seeing is quite a lot of people saying “I won 2, 3, or more lotteries, so I’m continuing the chain by offering [just] one prize”. Have I somehow got this wrong? Surely if they’ve won 3 lotteries, they should be offering 3 prizes?

5 Likes