Questions about the forum

Please make sure that the checkbox for “Skip new user onboarding tips and badges” is unchecked in your profile settings (preferences → interface)!

If that doesn’t work if you uncheck the box, maybe the forum server was too busy.

1 Like

Tried that, it didn’t work. Guess I’ll just randomly select.

Do you have Alexa? Or Siri? I just ask them to pick a random number for me (between 1 and ## however many people entered the lottery)

1 Like

I do have Siri. Thanks.

Not sure if the question is for here but will ask here , if the question is not for here please redirect me where it has to be .
So … I won a Chain Lottery and since is a chain lottery I have to do one as well .
I decided to give out some nude/erotic postcard since I just have so many of them ( was in a bag with different postcards sets from a second hand store that’s why I couldn’t pick which sets I want so I took the whole bag ) anyhow I wanted to ask if I do this lottery do I need to censor the nude parts or I can post them just as is ? Or I’m not allowed to do a lottery with those kinds of postcard at all ?
Thank you

If they are normal nude pictures, it is not a problem.
But if the pictures are NSFW, then you are not allowed to show them here.

Here is a statement from an admin in 18+ images - removing or protecting them

1 Like

Hello. I want to create Chain Card topic, but I don’t know what category to put this in so that people join the group.

1 Like

I think here it’s in Tags.
It might be advisable to have a look how to ask for a topic to be opened there. And maybe your theme does already exist and you can just take part right away.

Hello @HappyToy,

This is a Chain - card round robin :slight_smile:

Round Robin directory

2 Likes

You may join our round Robin if you are interested!
Push on the link that @JetteLise gave.
Hope to see you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

If they show a screenshot from the Postcrossing website, then I think you could definitely tell the admins about it. They may choose not to do anything about it, but at least you’ve told them and given them the option.

Is there an easy way to do a search in my personal messages ??

Yes, you go to your inbox and click the magnifying glass in the top, right corner you can do a search in your messages.

1 Like

I have a little problem in the forum. I have a lot of bookmarks to my preferred threads. But there are always some disappearing. It’s not always the same thread, every time different threads. When I am in such a thread that is no more in the list, and I go to the bottom to make a bookmark, I see there is already one. And when I set a new bookmark (cancel and new bookmark) it is in the list again. But next time I go to my bookmark-list, other threads disappeared.

Is there a maximum for bookmarks?

1 Like

What is a forum profile , and how is it accessible?
How is this different than an official Profile?

2 Likes

If you click the question mark and go to the person icon and click summary then it will open a page and you can click preferences and then profile will be a choice and you can type a message there.

1 Like

I had the same problem. I don’t know why they are not all shown on the bookmark page, but if you click your avatar on the right upper corner and then click the bookmark icon two times, you will see all of your bookmarks.

Thank you, I did not see all that you mentioned, but I appreciate your response. The reason I asked is because a member said to read his forum profile , I still don’t understand why though.
Have great Thanksgiving!!

1 Like

Hi!
Click that person’s avatar picture and when their “info card” opens, you can read their forum profile. (Edit. Click the avatar picture again, if the profile text is longer, then you can read the whole text). Everyone decides what they want to write there. Some may for example have a wishlist or links to their collections there, which is why they might ask you to check them there, depends on the context, of course.

1 Like

For myself: I’ve put my address into my forum profile, for example. Also some people put their wishlists there instead of into the official Postcrossing profile. Good idea, I think: You aren’t supposed to have demanding lists in your Postcrossing profile.

1 Like