Postcrossing's PO box mail 📬

I’m glad that you pick up my card which was made by myself with washitapes and hand lettering. (Quill pen’s one)
Please take care of yourself and enjoy 2023 year!
Happy postcrossing!

1 Like

Some people just want to see the world burn… :weary:

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’m very happy to see that my card arrived and made it up to your collection.
I wish the whole postcrossing community and the team a happy new year. Stay save and healthy.
Happy Postcrossing
Jessie

2 Likes

Your most welcome (sorry just read it)

I am happy to see the Kusama card I send last fall arrived! I forgot to post a message here though :sweat_smile: I am happy to see you share all the mail received by the Postcrossing team :heartpulse:
The Yayoi Kusama card was from a Kusama exhibition at the art museum where I used to work in Seattle. One of my favorite exhibits.
After working at a museum for many years, I have many art cards to share!

2 Likes

So so happy to see my postcard making it to your collection - PC/you wrote a blog on me, the story of which began with the same postcard… I could not NOT send it to you!
Thank you for doing what you do, Ana <3
Ashwin

4 Likes

This year has been a little crazy… but today I’ve had the time to cozy up with a batch of mail from the PO box, and I’m thankful for that. Look at all the loveliness that we’ve had the pleasure of finding in our mailbox (mostly) last year:

So much loveliness, from Australia to Svalbard, Guinea to Norway, Sri Lanka to Uzbekistan… and everywhere in between! Many meetings all around the world, spooky cards and happy wishes for the holidays, Postcrossingversary celebrations, school classrooms, new illustrators and brilliant stamps, and above all, much kindness! :yellow_heart:

PS - Discourse no longer allows pokes, so I'm going to tag a few of you here, so you can get a little notification.

@rousita @mondkind @andry1961 @ezredax @WanderingRenn @Kilona @Lelik @TazocinWilson @Sights @TallJTallA @Angelthepup22 @VilhelmR @navi @TheDutchman @nikos8109 @sealed4ever @MsConnie @moin-moin @teamug @nayasays52 @Xute @Luziaceleste @usersoyoung @ScandinavianTraveler @dollart @Norway_girl @Jolanda4 @Desmonia @killewips @kroete68

38 Likes

Awesome haul! Thank you for reminding that we can send cards. I would like to do it, too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks for linking to the story! This is so fun to read, and you are incredibly talented! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ana

Thanks for showing my postcard. I’m glad it made it to you. I know you must get inundated exclamation

I can never thank you enough for creating Postcrossing. It’s been an absolute joy since the early days although those early months were a little frustrating only having one Postcards traveling at a time. But it was totally worth persevering.

I wish you and Paulo the best always and always :peace_symbol::heart_decoration::notes::postbox: and of course, happy Postcrossing!

Denise

8 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this. I can only agree with everyone. Postcrossing is the best site ever. I found so many lovely people, found new places and friends. It continuously brings joy.
And of course you deserve every card coming your way…
Best wishes from Frankfurt… ( On an ad card hunt…)

3 Likes

Ah, I’ve been looking forward to the release of all the postcards on Postcrossing! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: But unfortunately two postcards from me to Ana and Paulo from meetings in Kiel in December and Warnemünde in February did not arrive at all… very sad…:disappointed:

2 Likes

Do not underestimate the mess that is my desk… :sweat_smile: They are probably hiding somewhere underneath a pile of more postcards. I’ll get to them!

10 Likes

If there is ever a day to sit down and enjoy a nice pile of postcards, it’s today! :tada: So here we are, sifting through all your lovely messages and works of art, sent some time ago already:

How many times did we receive the World Postcard Day postcard from 2022? Dozens, probably — but every one of them unique and special! And all the stamps on them! :heart_eyes: Some even had special World Postcard Day cancellation marks.

Neat!

Going to tag a few people that included their usernames:

@HippieHeart @andry1961 @cerres @on_the_spectrum @FinPostcrossing @dollart @DaisyDekker @ezredax @KeeksWanderer @phab84 @owmiall @Laddy84 @Luziaceleste @Angelthepup22 @Izzy2018 @Kilona @wifetoalineman @shijifeng @HzB

23 Likes

A few more lovely postcards!

Lots of meetings, cards sent on World Postcard Day, pictures from your farms and hens, cards with jokes and fancy washi tape and even fancier handwritings, and a bluethroat!! We picked up birdwatching during the pandemic, but have only ever seen a bluethroat once. :heart_eyes:

And somewhere in there, there’s a postcard we sent to ourselves that I had forgotten about. :sweat_smile:
Plus, look at the back of this postcard, it’s like a checkerboard of stamps!

Aaaaah… perfection! :heart:

People-poking bit

@sonataca @siobhan @HzB @Brenda1960 @bmd200 @kirimaru @yurakana @Thandapani @carms_73 @Postcardist @chris121 @KristinaGisela @Remi_M

27 Likes

Here’s another little batch of postcards we re-read today!

Lots of mail from Beijing meetups in this batch, as well as World Postcard Day mail, cards from cold and snowy winters (oh, how I wish for a bit of cold air right now!) and one from the recent IBRA stamp show, in Germany! :heart_eyes:

Poky pokes

@mondkind @pathetiquejazz @Arhel @AOILIN95 @Luziaceleste @newrule @shijifeng

14 Likes

Aaaaaand even more nice postcards! :flushed:

Featuring daughters with long hair, Christmas mail, maxicards, library freebies, cards from 1966, Breton desserts, pictorial postmarks, cards from grand adventures and from fun meetings, cards reminding us to enjoy some ravioli on World Postcard Day… and so, so much kindness! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Dooblydoo

@FinPostcrossing @ezredax @DinkaDin @andry1961 @cerres @Cassiopheia @khh520 @Bibiqueen @Sanna @pp3663 @SylviaM @petitzouzou @Angeladonna @Melody1 @reiselustig @Iridescence @ruth707 @Meluda @anitachi @erinberin @forget_me_not @florentina @Geminiscp

25 Likes

@meiadeleite Glad you liked our card from 2022 WPD meetup in Camerata Cornello Italy! Thanks a lot for showing it!
(M.Grazia - Melody1)

5 Likes

By now, you might be wondering whether our basket of postcards is bottomless… probably! I don’t see the end of it yet, so I’ll just keep going, basking in on all these sweet words and lovely cards! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for your holiday tips, your good wishes for 2023, your masterpieces and meeting reports, the nice stamps and stories you wanted to share with us!

Dooblydoo

@Bibiqueen @Eric94 @tmdguru500 @xtlera @sealed4ever @Gforrest @FinPostcrossing @ezredax @Cassisia @Meixi @hzb @WilmaT @diana_pastoriza @Stevyy @UWHuskies @Wolfsmondfee @shijifeng @Vandelion @Schabe2000 @Janna4010 @jofemapa @Namibia13 @marit_la

27 Likes

Yay! Mine arrived (page 59, The Iowa postcard) :hugs:

2 Likes