Postcrossing's PO box mail šŸ“¬

The fun continues! :tada:

Ah! So many lively meetings, postcards from your other hobbies, from the antipodes, with recipes that you wanted to share with us, postcards from your birthday celebrations, from exhibitions you visited, postcards with blessings and gratitude, postcards that seem to have been rained on a little bitā€¦ And a lot of people recommending Ohio to us, for some reason! :thinking: Maybe we should go check it out?

Oh, and also this stunning handmade card from a meeting in Melbourne:

I meanā€¦ wooow! :heart_eyes:

Dooblydoo

@shalini2342 @Liwenpei @sphynxlady @rainman @debster @Chris1124 @Sawwah @mikebond @sunshein @sealed4ever @ezredax @kroete68 @honzuki @BPLUM @shijifeng @Puntin @lm_nsk @tylermneher @triplightly @user47 @vikamiya @helent

33 Likes

WOW~
I am so happy about you get my WPD card. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have a similar design and will send it on next weekā€¦ :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy to find my postcard there, too! (Geocrossing meetup) :smiley:

1 Like

Yay ! Thank you for letting us know and sharing those beautiful hauls !

1 Like

Yay, my card is now included, Iā€™m very happy! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Hooray, it made it!

It got turned into a meet up card, but you got the original.

39 Likes

I saw this card in the discord, itā€™s beautiful and even the meet-up version makes me really excited to post out the ones I get when I attend my first meet! Iā€™m fascinated by the things people make :smiley: And it looks like the Melb meet postcards are very well designed!

4 Likes

So happy to see my postcard (the litchi one) has reached home safely!

2 Likes

Wow! So many beautiful cards!

3 Likes

Happyā€¦ WPD card arrived safely.

1 Like

Hello!

I have just read this whole thread for the first time now and learned that Ana and Paulo @meiadeleite @paulo actually do receive parcels too, not just postcards and letters.

I am wondering if I can send my mini zines for them along with a postcard then ?? If yes, I would be happy to send them for them next week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a really thoughtful offer, but Iā€™m afraid the Portuguese customs are not fond of us receiving gifts from outside of the EU at the PO box address. For them, its unthinkable that anyone would want to send gifts to a company, so they make us go through draconian procedures to tax everything that we receiveā€¦ even if itā€™s just a nice book about postcards that a kind postcrosser sent us, or some newspaper clippings. :weary:

If you would like to send us something bigger than a postcard from outside of the EU, please get in touch so we can give you an alternative address.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you Ana :slight_smile:
I am now contacting you through the link on the official site, the Help section of if we can send mails to you two. :love_letter:

Now that the excitement of World Postcard Day is behind us, here I am, taking a little break to catch up with all your lovely postcards! Here are a few from earlier this year:

Thereā€™s some huge postcards on this pile, including one that is about the worldā€™s largest ball of twine! :exploding_head: Thereā€™s postcards from meetups, from a postal worker, from the international stamp fair, a recipe for a ā€œfool-proof cakeā€ from the US. Virgin Islands, a card that doubles as a photo frame, as well as a funny April Foolā€™s Day!

There was also a really nice testimonial that read ā€œA piece of passion and childhood in me has reawakened when I look at the postcards, read about the countries, send cards with colourful stickers and get in touch with people.ā€ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

People-poking bit

@twinports @NorthGermany @Moussette @maria_pace @KristinaGisela @Sammy2001 @radiohead92 @andry1961 @cerres @Bowyum @Geminiscp @Luziaceleste

15 Likes

Another little batch of postcards to cherish! :slight_smile:

Look at that huge cow-postcard! :heart_eyes: And thereā€™s also postcards from Gibraltar, from meetings all around the world, from the other Virgin Islands (also with a recipe for a rum cake!), from the Dutch Caribbean, with a fun UFO bingo, with good wishes and kind words, cryptic postcards with no words at allā€¦ :thinking:

Dooblydoo

@GabyTsai @geo_ @ooma @andry1961 @cerres @Kursk1917 @knopf-17 @twinports @TurtlePoint

15 Likes

Hurray! Another little pile of lovely postcards!

Postcards to celebrate Postcrossingā€™s 18 years! Handpainted postcards on handmade paper! Meetings galore, from Finland, to the USA, to India! Postcards from your holidays! A postcard from Liberia! Postcards with gratitude, and letting us know how Postcrossing helps your mental healthā€¦ Weā€™re thankful for everyone one of these and for all your kind words. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Dooblydoo

@sealed4ever @Dandy1307 @hypatia_ @Excalibur @KeeksWanderer @midnatsol @Janna4010 @Cassisia @Angelthepup22 @ludovico

21 Likes

Hello again! Today we took some time to enjoy the mail that has arrived at the PO box throughout the year!

Thereā€™s New Year wishes, postcards telling us about your walls at home filled with postcards, meeting cards, from places with -6 C :cold_face:, celebrating your Postcrossingversaries, telling us about how you use Postcrossing in your classrooms, about the brilliant manhole covers in your city, to share your favorite stickers and share the best mountain namesā€¦ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Theyā€™re all amazing, and we appreciate them so much!

Dooblydoo

@Cyube @LookOutKid @hummingbird_ @Blackberry1 @MaiJN @Stevyy @krasser @xtlera @Maddymail @Amalaswintha @Norway_girl @Licht-Schrift @lyndac1980 @knopf-17 @Cookie2802 @Bravo8ss @Winston198 @Kilona @fisherman @Torgo @FinPostcrossing @tmdguru500 @nelly_zhou @Swatantra @naosuke @June060310

20 Likes

Hello all together! Iā€˜m very happy to find a postcard on your board I sent to a woman in Finland (the ā€šenjoyā€˜ card). I remember that the woman has great health problems and must use a wheelchair. But she was so confident and tried to enjoy her life. Therefore I choose this card especially for her. To my great joy she wrote in her register-mail that she picked this card at her wheelchair, so that other persons could also be delighted when they look at it. I am very happy about this postcrossing story ! best wishes to all from Inge

5 Likes

Hi everyone! :wave:

Here I am, spending some time with the postcards that arrived to the PO box throughout 2023, to end the week on a bright note!

On this batch there are lots of meeting postcards in different countries, words of thanks, post from exotic places and brilliant stamps too! :yellow_heart:

Poking bit

@missmelbourne @eltham_rangers @twinports @Sanna @sonataca @henriquehsm @rousita @xtlera @tmdguru500 @Westi @edish @vikamiya @SchusterElse

20 Likes

And here are a few more!

More meetings, and lots of very kind words about Postcrossing! :yellow_heart: But also mail from tiny islands, mail celebrating Postcrossingā€™s anniversary, fantastic fountain pen colors, mail from postcrossers who are enthusiastically starting their hobby, postcards from the bottom of a lake, bamboo postcards, from scoutā€™s jamborees, mail featuring zines with your hand-carved rubber stampsā€¦ :heart_eyes: All precious and unique!

Poke poke

@MarinaL @virgowarrior @Meowpurr @GrauBunt @Bravo8ss @knopf-17 @lyndac11980 @Angelthepup22 @FinPostcrossing @Bibiqueen

16 Likes