Postcrossing's PO box mail 📬

I was debating this with myself when I opened the topic, but it’s nice to hear back from the senders — maybe they’ll want to add some information about their postcard or the meetup they attended… or just express relief that their card arrived :sweat_smile:.

That said, I’ve recently learned it’s possible to filter a person’s posts on a certain topic, which is a really handy feature. Just click someone’s username on that topic, and then this button:

Maybe instead of activating the notifications on the topic, set a bookmark with a reminder of when you want to check it again, and then and search for my posts. I’m not sure yet how regularly I’ll post here yet, maybe a couple of times per month.

Hope that helps!

13 Likes

The danger both of this thread and the possibility for answers - and I’m feeling it myself a tiny little bit already: to hear impatiently back from senders whose cards are not shown, resp. to express the anger about sent cards not shown.

Yes, we are all adults, and yes, we should know how to deal with any kind of things, still I see ‘where’s my card I’ve sent three days ago’ and/or ‘seems you didn’t like mine, now I am sad’ as a future regular posting here …

1 Like

Maybe those postcards expired…? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m joking, but you have a point and I understand the concern. I hope people will take it easy and don’t send us mail solely to see it featured here… I don’t think this topic will be that popular and in any case, I don’t promise to be prompt with the posting, which will likely be delayed several months. Asking whether something has arrived is futile, as I am not going to search through hundreds of postcards to try to find one.

I just thought this was a nice way to let some senders know their postcards arrived, without me putting so many hours thanking people personally one by one… which I LOVE to do, but it is really time-consuming and is thus a task that keeps being postponed every week.

In the end, for me, the important thing is the warm fuzzy feeling and the energy and encouragement that this mail gives us — no matter when it arrives, or whether we take a picture of it. :orange_heart: I hope you all know how much we appreciate it!

22 Likes

Indeed, I am very happy to see that postcards finded your hands. After all, we have these fun moments thank to you, guys, and you deserve at least to get a full mailbox!
Great idea to share with uus these nice pieces.
Thanks again and again.

1 Like

It’s time for happy mail news again!

We recently got a little boost of motivation from all these Indonesian postcards, which arrived together in a mysterious big batch. Mail from Indonesia to Portugal has been really spotty, so there’s postcards from last year’s World Postcard Day, as well as holiday cards, happy Eid Al-Fitr wishes and a lot of postcards from @Bravo8ss 's event that mixed Scouting and Postcrossing! Hurray!

24 Likes

Here I am again, to share another batch of mail that made us smile and gave us strength for the busy weeks ahead! :slight_smile:

So many nice postcards! :heart_eyes: A lot of these are from meetups, filled with colorful signatures and rubberstamps… but there’s also kind words and thank you notes, beautiful handwriting, gorgeous handmade cards, members who celebrate their birthday by sending us a postcard, postcards that are so filled with stamps that there’s barely space for a single line of text, cards from members’ favourite artists, wishes for peace and happy birthday, and even a card or two from exotic places!

Thank you everyone for keeping the PO box lively and putting a smile on our faces! :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Oh wow, didn’t expect my card to see here!

2 Likes

Wow! I saw my meetup postcard and was glad it arrived. :laughing:

1 Like

It’s so much fun to see the cards you have received! It’s almost like receiving them ourselves Thanks for filling our days with postcards, thoughts about postcards, desires to read and write postcards…

3 Likes

Yes I am really happy to see our meeting card from Rimouski to you Ana. :smiley:

1 Like

No meetup is ever complete without sharing a postcard with you guys! :heart:

5 Likes

Here’s another batch of lovely mail from the PO box that we held in our hands and cherished this week!

Look at so many nice things! :heart_eyes: The stamps covered envelopes, the nice meeting cards, an article clipping about mail art, a touching testimonial about Postcrossing’s effects on depression, and even a four-piece lenticular panorama of Hong Kong, that shows how the city has changed!

We feel very spoiled!

21 Likes

Also cherished this week…

Meeting postcards from around the world, a postcard featuring Al Capone’s prison cell, kind words of thanks and support and celebration, from roadtrip stops and faraway islands… and even a pineapple for us to assemble and enjoy! :pineapple:

It’s a party in the mailbox everytime!

31 Likes

So happy to hear you received my postcard and enjoyed it.

Happy Postcrossing!

David
Ottawa, Canada

3 Likes

I’ve never sent you a postcard before, but maybe now is the time. Just wait! :grinning:

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how many WPD cards did you get? (Assuming most have arrived by now)

2 Likes

I’m sitting down with a cup of tea this Sunday, going through Postcrossing’s mighty stack of mail from the PO box and enjoying the postcards there. One of my new year’s resolutions is to try to be a little more prompt at thanking you for your mail, so here it goes. :slight_smile:

Looking through the stack, it’s hard not to spot this series of World Postcard Day cards from Finland!

These are all meeting cards and there’s a lot of them! It makes me happy thinking of all these postcrossers getting together and having fun in Finland. Some of your described your meetings and mentioned nice cafés and libraries, a cozy atmosphere, coffee and food, and even Autumn showers in some places. We hope you had a wonderful time!

PS: Also, check out these cute Moomin stamps on some of the postcards :heart_eyes:

We almost got all of them!

26 Likes

Another batch of lovely mail!

There’s some from meetings, some from people we met at a meeting, handmade treasures, postcrossers sharing the news of their new babies (:heart:). There’s postcards that crossed the Arctic circle, some that came from the Isle of Man, or from down under… So much to cherish!

25 Likes

Another one! I’m kind of in a roll now and don’t want to stop! :smiley:

Thank you for telling us about the friends you’ve made through Postcrossing, for the neat stamps and meeting mementos, for the enthusiasm of newbie postcrossers, for wishing the project a happy birthday, for making little works of art with your amazing washi tapes and stickers, for telling us your postcard sending routines and rituals… aaaand for your lovely handwriting too! There’s a postcard in here from someone whom at the office we lovingly refer to as “the person with the best handwriting in the world” :heart_eyes: It is so perfect that the first time we received a postcard from them years ago, we thought it had been printed!

22 Likes

Ahah, no one can stop me from spamming my own topic! :smiley: Here are a few more postcards that I treasured today:

So much goodness here! Happy meetings (that include watercolor workshops, wow!), postcards from glaciers with matching stamps, encouraging and heartwarming words, amazing illustrations, invitations to visit exotic countries… :heart_eyes:

Plus, a postcard from Indonesia’s underwater post office, with special stamps!

And on a sad note, this pen cancel on a card from a special meeting at the stamp dedication event for these stamps:

(Why, USPS? Why? :cry: )

25 Likes