Postcards that feature food! šŸ³

Yep! Or bitterballenā€¦

1 Like

I got this lovely one the same day I posted about the Canadian Sweet stamps, lol

1 Like

Iā€™m not big on food postcards, possibly because I hate cooking. :wink: But thereā€™s one card I received in 2009 that I really loved:

I LOVE to bake and tried this recipe. It was delicious! :pie:

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t call me a postcard foodie at all, but I love handmade and artsy stuff. I once got this one, which the husband of the sender made for a friendā€™s restaurantā€™s menu. I found it really cool.

4 Likes

There are very few things as versatile as a Masala Dosa. Not only does it work for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it can also be paired with all sorts of dishes. Sambar, chutneys, meat or fish curries, vegetables, honey, some ghee and sugar or just a dollop of butter- the crisp but soft dosa is a perfect match with each one. And if that wasnā€™t enough, the dosa itself can take on several forms- sweet, savoury, healthy or indulgent.

Imgur

12 Likes

These are soooo lovely!!

1 Like

Nop. Maybe everyone wants to keep their recipes a secretā€¦ :rofl: :innocent:

3 Likes

All the food and recipe postcards I came upon here in Vienna are either more on the sweet sideā€¦or feature ā€œWiener Schnitzelā€ :woman_shrugging:t2: not much variety but very tasty :yum:

17 Likes

Gorgeous! I would be happy to receive such a card!

1 Like

This card showing my favorite cookie sandwich was registered today.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t receive any food related postcard yet, but I send one. I saw that thereā€™s actually a series in similar style, but with different recipes.
This one is with kanelbullar, Swedish cinnamon buns, so itā€™s very typical Swedish recipe.:slightly_smiling_face:
I was really happy, because addressee liked it!

There were more with recipes for a strawberry tart, a peach cake, pepparkakor (gingerbreads) etc., I believe.:thinking:
(I bought just this one.)

3 Likes

I received one from @RFS, so they must exist somewhere. It was a recipe incl. port wine (of course): Portr wine pears | nossas colecƧƵes | Flickr

1 Like

I make my own postcards and this is one that I made from the farmers markets here in Washington State. I always bring my camera to the market, because I feel like all of the lovely fresh produce is so stunning! I also love receiving recipe postcards, of which Iā€™ve received a few.

15 Likes

Ah, interesting! It looks like an handmade cardā€¦ so maybe the lack of recipe cards in Portugal has driven some postcrossers to making their own. Great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received this one some time ago, but it is still one of my favourite cards. Iā€™d love to get similar ones from different countries.

4 Likes

Hello how are you, Iā€™m delighted with this recipe card, could you send me it if youā€™ve repeated it, Iā€™ll send you a recipe card from Brazil. Thank you very much. :herb:

1 Like

I received this card a couple of days ago.
Looks yummy, doesnā€™t it?

I need the same topic for postcards with drinks (tea, coffee, lemonade, etc) and sweets (chocolate, cookies, cakes, etc) :slight_smile:
:coffee: :tea: :tropical_drink: :chocolate_bar: :cookie: :candy:

2 Likes

Food postcards are my favorites :two_hearts: And I have over 1000 postcards with food :blush: here are some latest ones I really like:

3 Likes

They all look delicious, and Iā€™ve even been at that currywurst place in Berlin! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, I was at the place in Berlin too - the vegan currywurst was delicious and the fries anyway :fries:

3 Likes