Postcards that feature food! šŸ³

I was introduced to currywurst only a couple of weeks ago by this amazing official postcard and currywurst has been added to my mental food map.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t received that many food-related postcards, but from time to time one finds its way into my letterbox. I especially liked this one:

There is a whole set of similar cards - I received some more through swaps and round robins. They are so cute!

Iā€™ve sent quite a few food cards, especially the set of maxicards on foreign food which has become popular in Sweden during the last decades:

Or this one from a set about Swedish cooks:

Or this shaped one:

1 Like

I got a profile that said he enjoyed recipes, so I made this one about Spanish omelette and wrote the recipe on the back side, of course.

I wonder if he ever triedā€¦

4 Likes

I do like food postcards with and without recipes.
This came in the mail last week from Hong Kongā€“I just love it! She translated the recipe for me!
Going to make it this week!

7 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say food postcards are my very favouritesā€¦ that said I have a suspicious lot of food postcards in my ā€œfavouritesā€! :grin:

The Canadian sweets stamps make me drool! :drooling_face:

1 Like

8 Likes

It looks so lovely! :smiley: I hope they gave it a try!

1 Like

Recipie cards are fairly common in the US and are mostly regional (fudge from Michigan, peach pie in Georgia, Texas chili, New England crab cakes etc). I keep a few on hand as I often pull an official asking for food. My favs are from the Jack Danielā€™s whiskey distillery, apparently booze jazzes up almost everything!

The post office always has fruit stamps and just recently issued a set of coffee ones

1 Like

Got this one today :grinning:

5 Likes

It says:
ā€œThe most delicious fish is still a viennese schnitzel (breadcrumbed and fried veal scallop)ā€

2 Likes

It seems I always draw the ā€œwrongā€ profiles as I seem to stack up food and recipe cards and hardly ever send them out :sweat_smile:

I recently received these two and I absolutely adore them:

Bubbletea:

Dumplings:

19 Likes

I just got this awesome english breakfast postcard , looking at it makss my mouth watering :yum:

3 Likes

My personal favourite:

4 Likes

Are kohlrabi and parsnips forgotten in the Netherlands? :scream:

1 Like

Indeed, all of these vegetables were once popular but not anymore. Some of these are still produced but on a small scale. Of all these vegetables I have only eaten parsnip occasionally.

1 Like

If you want to try these particular two, come over to Germany. Kohlrabi are okay-ish and parsnips are delicious. :ok_hand:t2::grimacing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually visiting Germany again next month and I look forward to your local cuisine. Iā€™m vegan and I especially love trying out al kinds of vegetables. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Kohlrabi is a very veggie-friendly one, and one of my favourite vegetables.

You can eat it raw, cooked, friedā€¦ So much possibilities :smiley:

4 Likes

I have sent these
https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/CN-2758298
https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/CN-2776815
They are about Shanghai local snacks.

I have received this
https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/FR-1393457
I like it so much!! But itā€™s quite difficult for me to understand it

1 Like

Hi @AngelinaWang! Nice to have you on the forum! :slight_smile:

Your postcards are gorgeous ā€” theyā€™re from Ever&Ein, right?

I can help translate the French postcard, but it requires an oven (ēƒ¤ē®±) to cookā€¦ Do you have an oven in your house?

1 Like