Postcards that feature food! 🍳

Can’t believe it took me this long to make a topic about food postcards… It’s one of my favourite things!

What do you think about them? Do you enjoy receiving postcards with recipes, or maybe just photos/illustrations of food? And what’s the best food-themed card you’ve ever received?

Please do share!

22 Likes

I’ve received a couple of cards from this Taiwanese series about different types of breakfast from the island:

It’s super cute! I feel like visiting Taiwan and carry all of these postcards, as notes on what to try! :yum:

17 Likes

I thought you meant someone was eating their lunch while writing the postcard, and smeared some on! :joy: Frankly, I’m not too keen on that!

7 Likes

Ahah, good point! :joy: I’ll change the name of the topic so that it’s more clear.

That said, there’s a postcard on Keri Smith’s book of cards Everything is Connected that has a photo of a tshirt and invites people to make a mess with it… but I haven’t quite gotten around to doing that yet!

3 Likes

This one. Yum!

30 Likes

Some time back, I stumbled again over a cookie postcard I sent out long ago. It has a real missing egde, the mailman sure was hungry :yum:

I like recipe cards, but my collection is still small. I enjoy to try them out. :smiley:

23 Likes

I knew you were going to get to this topic eventually, I just knew it! lol

I’ve made a postcard out of these famous Canadian sweets stamps that were presented like a recipe card.

I love how they made it look like a real well loved recipe card with stains, drops of food on it etc, lol - and even the stamp booklet cover is made to look like a well loved recipe folder or box.

I can send you one!

Stamp booklet cover

59 Likes

I have never received a food card from official unless this one CN-2723767 counts. It shows a Chinese food map card.

I have sent several food and recipe cards.

My first card was a recipe of Bajigur

I sent this card as a birthday card. The food is called Nasi Tumpeng. It is a substitute of birthday cake in Indonesia. I was so sad when I found out the user closed his account :frowning:

This one shows a tradition called Bancakan where people eat together

Illustration of Kue Lumpur (mud cake)

Fried rice recipe

Batagor (fried fish dumpling)

Another version of Nasi Tumpeng

Lontong Cap Go Meh (Chinese Indonesian dish during Chinese New Year)

Lumpia (type of rollade with bamboo shot, egg and chicken or shrimp inside)

Rujak Cingur (East Java version of Rojak)

7 Likes

I like this card

not so much because it features food but because I like this style of floral illustrations.

I also received some recipe cards a long time ago:

6 Likes

20 Likes

11 Likes

How about these ones? Both from NL - I just love them.

10 Likes

So many great food cards!

8 Likes

@manuchka “MacGyver food solutions” — I love that! :heart_eyes:

@LC-Canada Ahah, I’m a super predictable foodie! (and I will never say no to a nice food postcard… :P)

1 Like

Received this tasty one recently: Red Velvet Cake, with the recipe in Russian on the writing side of the card, yummy!

4 Likes

Those are actually perfect! I really like them :smiley:

1 Like

I never received a food or recipes cards (something to look forward to, I guess :blush:) but this is my favourite food card I ever send (I already sent 2 of them)

Also I really like those series of cards

I like that you actually can follow recipes on those. Usually recipes cards are just list of ingredients

14 Likes

I had never seen one of these before, but they are gorgeous!

4 Likes

I enjoy food cards, both photographed or illustrated. They are visually appealing and provide a glimpse into what is enjoyed in various parts of the world.

2 Likes

This is the postcard that I would send if one wants a food postcard. Many food in one card.

32 Likes