Postcards that feature food! šŸ³

Iā€™m not so keen on food related postcards myself, although there are some really nice ones. Especially the illustrated ones from Asia tend to be super cute :heart_eyes:
Postcards with (high) tea or onigiri might be my favourites :grin:

That said, I donā€™t specifically mention food related postcards in my profile but since a lot of people like them, I sent some out.

Frankfurt Green Sauce

HandkƤs & Musik

Strawberries

A Christmas card with some chilling marshmallows :grin:

3 Likes

When the pandemic is over, Iā€™m gonna fly across the ocean and eat my way through Singapore!

8 Likes

Maybe youā€™d like some company? Iā€™ll happily join, and then add a few stops in other countries in the area :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:rofl:

I have sent some of these:

14 Likes

So, i think postcards with food are okay. Especially when it comes to a local or regional specialty. Because I would like to learn more about the people and countries at postcrossing. And besides churches and mountains, food is also part of it.
I especially like the postcard with the spices shown above. Since I like to cook, I would also try a recipe. When I donā€™t need any special ingredient as an ingredient, which I can only get with great effort in a single shop in all of southern Germany :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Food postcards are best when the food has a funny name. Hereā€™s Russiaā€™s famous ā€œHerring (fish) in a Fur Coatā€ :grin:

3 Likes

Oh, I love postcards with food! Most often I send/receive postcards with different sweets, cakes, chocolate, etc.

As for Belarusian cards I like these illustrations with recipe (by artist Yury Podverbny):

Also several years ago Belpost issued a series of postcards with food. The recipe is available on the backside, but only in Russian:

1 Like

I wish i could find portuguĆŖs recipe cardsā€¦ Unfortunatly i dont think theyā€™re available, at least i never found them :worried:

1 Like

@Geminiscp, @bom_dia have you ever seen some recipe cards in Portuguese? :thinking:

I also bought in Moldova a set of postcards with sweets several years ago (2014-2015). When I opened it I found out that it had a recipe on the backside in ā€¦ Romanian!
I think that I havenā€™t sent any card from this set yet

Or you show that card at your favourite asia restaurant and say to the waitress: ā€œBring me all this, please!ā€ Afterwards you need an airlift by a cargo helicopter back home! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Got this one today:

From NL I rather expected frikandel speciaal met frietjes or vleeskroketā€¦
2 Likes

Now that I think about it, no, I never saw any with recipesā€¦ were you thinking about any particular recipe?

Nothing in particular, I was just wondering whether they existed at all. Though, come to think of it, maybe Portuguese recipes are a bit too complicated for postcardsā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I like food cards too! :smiley:

Iā€™m sure many of you know the series by Papersisters:

There are two other great recipe card series from Germany that I want to share with you:

Kochformel (cooking formula):

Karten-KĆ¼che (cards kitchen):

These cards show Franconian kitchen:

And Iā€™ve made some cards out of Magnum ice cream boxes, the pictures have just the right postcard sizeā€¦ :blush:

Oh, and this was the strangest food card I got so farā€¦ :sunglasses:

11 Likes

I got this one and I love it! This is definitely a dish Iā€™ve made before without realizing it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For those of us who occasionally overestimate our livers, hereā€™s a German hangover cure card:

(Can anyone clarify how exactly one should eat all of this? Do you eat it separately, or all together? Where do the eggs go?! Help!)

3 Likes

Or maybe poffertjes? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You eat the crispbread with the pickled herring and the pickles. The ā€œAspirin plus (vitamin) Cā€ gets dissolved in the glass of water, you drink it with a side of strong coffee. And Iā€™m afraid the raw eggs get mixed with the salt and sugar to be drunk too. :crazy_face:

(Honestly, Iā€™d prefer them as scrambled eggs and skip the sugarā€¦ :wink:)

Thereā€™s even a Wikipedia article about KaterfrĆ¼hstĆ¼ck:

3 Likes

See, I was completely on board until the raw eggs. Iā€™m with you on preferring them cooked sans sugar. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes