Postcard scenes in mass media

I guess they forgot to tell Bradley Cooper.

1 Like

As Mark Twain wrote: “The report of my death was an exaggeration.”

4 Likes

Yesterday while watching an English movie ‘Talented Mr. Ripley’, i observed there is a scene showing a postcard ! In fact, the scene and the postcard is integral part of the story of the movie.
Lets share many more such scenes or movies where they show postcards and postcard being the essential part of the movie !

12 Likes

will watch it !

There are 3 movies in Marathi Language (A prominent language in India), which are related to Postcards or Letters…

1. Tapaal (meaning Mail) - Ranga, a young boy, writes a letter to his childhood girlfriend. Later, he realises that the letter might go into the wrong hands and tries to get it back with the help of Devram, a postman.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4073858/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

2. Postcard - Each day, a postman follows the same route as he delivers letters around the region. When he begins reading the mail belonging to the people on his route, he becomes emotionally attached to them.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4487548/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_9

3 Lapandaav - This movie is not related to Postcards but Letters (Love Letters !). The whole movie is based out of the confusion created by the love letters written by a lover to his love interest. The letters are without names or signatures instead there are cryptic symbols (3 X, 3 hearts )

9 Likes

Nice to meet another Marathi person on the Postcrossing forum
I liked the Postcard movie.
I will watch Tapaal.

3 Likes

That’s so cool, I love Samuel West.

While I don’t know if there were any actual scenes with postcards in Wes Anderson’s Grand Budapest Hotel, a short film about the making of the movie describes how set designers for the film researched The Library of Congress’ collection of photochrome postcards from the 20’s and 30’s for ideas on which to model both some of the movie’s sets and its overall color scheme.

7 Likes

So cool! Thanks for sharing!

I’m going to the library right now to borrow the movie.

1 Like

I loved the movie! Goofy 'n all!

There’s nothing wrong with “Goofy.”

1 Like

A scene from one of Gordon Ramsay’s “Kitchen Nightmare” episodes. I don’t think Mr. Ramsay would be the type to send someone a cute dog postcard.

3 Likes

In the new Around The World In 80 Days, Phineas Fogg (played by David Tennant) receives a postcard right at the beginning of episode one. When he packs to travel, he adds it to a stack of other postcards, which he looks through at times of heightened emotion, such as on the steps of the Gare du Nord at the time of (or just after) the Paris commune.

7 Likes

It’s obviously a card from Dr. Who (another traveler).

5 Likes

:rofl:

The tv series Killing Eve has the main character receive her assassin assignments via postcard ( although hand delivered not mailed) and there’s this scene where she mails a postcard of her liking :grin:
https://images.app.goo.gl/GkAnuxCjv72A6MUg8

6 Likes

I just finished watching Baby Driver (2017) and to my delight there were some postcards :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

From the movie “Eyes Wide Shut”: Another Tom Cruise movie with a postcard scene.

5 Likes

Have you seen Uncharted? There is scene showing postcard

Image: Sony Pictures

8 Likes