Oslo, Norway Thursday September 21st 2023 at 5pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Posthallen Drink Hub, Tollbugata 13
:calendar: DATE: September 21st, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Having a drink or two, signing postcards, handing over WPD cards

We failed to have our monthly meetup in August, but now weā€™re back!

Also, this is your chance to pick up your WPD cards if you ordered them and donā€™t want to pay for postage :grin: And if I get them from the printersā€™ in time, meetup cards for the Nordens Ark meetup in Sweden on October 7th can also be picked up at this meetup. (Remember to order cards if you havenā€™t already!)

We meet at Posthallen as usual. Posthallen, in the center of the city, used to be Osloā€™s main post office. It is now a food court-style place, but for drinking, not eating. They call it a ā€œDrinkhubā€. Basically weā€™ll find a table, order and pay via their website using a QR code, and then we get an sms letting us know when our drinks are ready. We can sit anywhere and order from any of the 9 different bars/pubs in the venue. Some focus on wine, some on beer, others on drinks and cocktails of various types (e.g. thereā€™s one that only has various gin-based drinks, and another only akevitt). So something for every taste! Non-alcoholic drinks are also available - mocktails and soft drinks. Thereā€™s a place that serves Mexican food in addition to drinks, so itā€™s also possible to eat if youā€™re hungry.

Bring postcards to write, sign or show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If youā€™re planning to attend, itā€™s great if you can let us know in this thread. Hope to see you all! :smiley:

There will be no particular meetup card for this meetup.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there!!

2 Likes

FYI everyone - I have quite a few of the official WPD card left over. Iā€™ll bring them to this meetup as a free giveaway and as usual the leftovers that nobody wants go in paper recycling afterwards. I donā€™t personally need a hundred WPD cards :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™ll do my very best to be there :wave:

2 Likes

I will try to come as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like