Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

@truenorth_49

Oh wow! I want to go there!!
:heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart: :brown_heart: :white_heart: :black_heart: :heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like

@rheaster

Bonjour Rhea!

I’ve always hoped for one of these postcards!!

I :heart: the Air Mail Par avion sticker right up top. I see those everyday. How wonderful it is uniquely Canadian!

Have you ever tried the Poutine from Burger King? It is surprisingly sooooo yummy!!

Haha! I didn’t know Caesar drinks were known for being :canada:'ian.

Way to HOMESCHOOL your kids! They have THE BEST TEACHER in the WORLD!!

xo Nique

1 Like

@Nique, does this mean you’ve received a card from @truenorth_49?

I’d like to join the March RR. First timer! :grin:

2 Likes

Yes. That is what it means.

1 Like

I’ll join for March since I apparently have all the time in the world now.

3 Likes

@evank

Wowee! Two for the price of one? How did I get so lucky :hugs: :four_leaf_clover:

Long weekends are always THE BEST! Aren’t they? Your Lentil Spinach Soup sounded perfect :bowl_with_spoon:

I like what you wrote and think our fellow RR’s would appreciate it too:

“Feb has been a breath of fresh air so far and tomorrow will be something new & different”.

Big THANKS to my favourite Postcrossing couple :blue_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Sorry, Off-Topic:
I’ve started new Topic: Canadian Travelling Envelope. Join me if you want.

2 Likes

Received: card with Seagal by Canadian artist Qavavau Manumie. Thank you!

A little late as I temporarily misplaced my cards while moving, but just dropped my cards in the mail!

Received- @Kanada123, @katie333, @Stinkypaw, @garvey, @rheaster, @truenorth_49, @evank, @Mag1979, @JasonDavid

3 Likes

@garvey please verify sender, as they are no seagal in this month’s senders…

Cards received this week:
A lovely illustrated card by a Canadian artist from @truenorth_49. Thank you! We just had our own dose of yearly snow last weekend!! Otherwise cold but bearable.

@Stinkypaw a Lugano card from Switzerland I think - cute thank you :slight_smile:

A steampunk cat!!! From @Mag1979 I love this!! I think i must add steampunk to my profile. I took in a cirque show years ago in the steampunk style and have never forgotten it!

A Valentine’s Day cat card from @farmgirll - thank you.

Thanks everyone, these cards were a special treat this week!

3 Likes

I interrupt this great fun :man_cartwheeling: of Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION
to THANK
@Stinkypaw
for the most beautful :sparkling_heart: and delightful POSTCARDS I received
from her little business

I am SO HAPPY with them!
Your selection is FAN-TABULOUS
and
you generously added extra’s with
a “gift”
a “surprise”
and some :canada:'ian postcards too!

You made me VERY Postal Happy :love_letter:

Thank you!
Merci Beaucoup!!

(thanks @katie333 for telling me about this local online shop in the 1st place!)

2 Likes

@rheaster thank you so much for your colorful card! I hope you like learning french, I think it’s a difficult one for english-speaking people. I learned spanish, a bit of italian and a tiny bit of Indonesian…Just enough to order fried rice in Bali! :sweat_smile:

Thank you dear @Nique for the Newfoundland card, like you this wonderful place is on my bucket list!
Fun fact about Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré: each year on our way to Tadoussac (whales watching), we stop there to eat at a restaurant called Le Marie Beaupré! And when I was young, I thought the Cyclorama was a place where bicycles went to compete indoor…:roll_eyes::rofl::nerd_face: :biking_woman:t3:

2 Likes

Turns out our building’s mailbox was broken and they saved all our mail for yesterday.
February - #3 truenorth_49 received these cards:

• @MailingLlama indigenous art, thank you and thanks also for the info on the artist! I’m amazed by your penmanship, how long did it take you to write the card?
  • @Stinkypaw a nice Alberta prickly rose card. Merci! I also hope this month will be better than the last one. The cat sticker was super cute!
  • @rheaster wow, where did you get a card of Winnipeg’s Chinatown? Thank you! Kudos on setting up such a neat activity for homeschooling, hope all of you are enjoying Postcrossing so far.
  • @farmgirll a nice island Valentine’s day card, thank you! We now know they were not wrong about the -50 windchill, LOL. Hope your visit to Brandon went great!
  • @JasonDavid a great view of the National Art Gallery, which I hope to visit someday, thank you! I showed it to my husband and asked him if something was missing, he figured it out right away (Nunavut)
  • @katie333 a book by Simone de Beauvoir, thanks! I haven’t read this book either; my preferred genre is historical fiction, but my book clubs helped me branch out to other ones.
  • @evank TWO cards, and both of Italy, wonderful! Thank you. I hope you enjoyed the long weekend and rested lots. Yes, we’ve tried new recipes during the lockdown! I learned to bake (I never did before), and my husband cooks a new dish from a different country every Sunday. Tomorrow we’re trying something from Togo.
1 Like

Glad you’ve enjoyed your purchase! Thanks for the shout out!
:grinning:

2 Likes

@Stinkypaw It might be from me… @garvey, does it say truenorth_49 by any chance?

Oops, sorry, that’s really your card. I thought that mentioned you. My mistake

1 Like

I’m in for March!

2 Likes

Please don’t apologize! It happens to everyone :slight_smile: