Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

February
3 - truenorth_49: I received a great card from @Mag1979 , merci beaucoup! Thank you even more for the turtle stamp, I’m over the moon! I had never received that stamp before.

2 Likes

@Nique Oh wow. Thank you for the kind words!! With so many postcards I send everyday, I try to at least find something the receiver would like. Not always the case but its great to be appreciated!!! Enjoy your week!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rheaster, thank you for the pretty Prairies’ view, hoping to see it one day soon. Postcards and stamps are a great way to learn about geography and the world. Did that with my cousin’s kid whenever she came with me to the mail box (pre covid). I started having penpals through school, in a geography class, and it soon became an addiction! :wink: Stay warm & safe!

@katie333, thank you for the cute mailbox, perfect for Feb. And don’t be shy to write me in French, best way to learn, really. Mistakes make it fun and often help us remember.

@MailingLlama, thank you for the nice Canmore scenery. It is on my list to visit out west more. My dream would be to go across Canada by train, but be able to get off along the way to explore…but that is super $$, so for now doing it via postcards, thanks for that. Beautiful handwriting and do take care of that knee. Icing helps a lot.

@garvey, thank you for the Paris card. 2025 seems reasonable, if only in regards to the pandemic.

All cards are in group album.

2 Likes

MARCH is now open to sign up!

Received:

• Pulp Fiction card from @Mag1979 (Tarantino is very good although I am not a fan :slight_smile: ) Thank you!
  • Art/Sailing card from @rheaster. We didn’t have really cold days here; but I remember some winters from my childhood in Ural and Sakhalin island :). Thank you :slight_smile:
  • Whistler card from @evank. I never tried downhill skiing - prefer cross country :). Thanks.
1 Like

Please sign me in for March
Thanks

2 Likes

@farmgirll
@Mag1979

This Ontarian got double double happy when she checked her :mailbox_with_mail: today :snowflake:

Magalie, you are so funny to cheer for the other team! Oh, how I :rofl: when I read that! I think you would be alot of fun to attend a sports event with!! :football: :baseball: :soccer: :basketball: :tennis:

Crystal, I liked your bling and shinyness you added to your postcard. I liked it ALOT! sUpEr CoOl postcard, St-Valentin… :heart:

2 Likes

Received a lovely card from @Mag1979 - a drawing of a woman carrying plants on her bike. Merci beaucoup! I’m sorry to hear about your plant’s demise! :seedling: :leaves: :fallen_leaf:

2 Likes

Sign me up for March please. Thanks!

1 Like

March please!!! : ) frantically waving haha
Crystal

1 Like

@Mag1979 thanks for the map card : ) I’d love to have this as a wall mural!!! I hope you girls get to go on your trip. You can send us that month’s RR from there haha.

@evank thanks for the card (s). A nice surprise.
I loved Yellowstone in Prime…so good. I will checknout Liquidator. It’s amazing how on the farmbthe days go by rather quick. It’s the evenings I find long!!

Half way to March!!!

1 Like

Please sign me up for March! Thank you for hosting, @Stinkypaw

1 Like

Thank you
@Stinkypaw I love donuts!
@rheaster stay warm in winterpeg!
@Nique I’ve never been to Alberta but the zoo sure does look nice!

loved all the postcards!!

2 Likes

Received from @Nique card with historic building in Newfoundland
Thank you

2 Likes

Two great cards today! A serene view of Vancouver from the water from @Nique (yes, I have been to the city, but it’s been a long time, and I’d like the chance to explore it much more), and an amazing vintage view of Saskatoon from @farmgirll (Crystal) - love those chrome-grilled cars and neon street signs. Thanks to you both on a gloriously sunny day in Ottawa!

2 Likes

Count me in for March!

2 Likes

Cards received today.

@farmgirll - A Valentine Cherub - Such a cute little thing!! Also hoping for an early spring! Lets hope the groundhogs are correct. Stay warm until then! Thank you so much.

@JasonDavid - Parliament Hill - You are right, I do not have any cards of the Parliament yet. This would be my first! Thank you so much!

@Mag1979 - Droids in the Dunes - Listen To Them, They’re Dying, R2! Curse My Metal Body, I Wasn’t Fast Enough! I was so pleased to have received a Star Wars card. Tank you. May the Force Be with You.

2 Likes

Reporting in …

Received from @rheaster a lovely card with a woman reading a book, it’s great, thank you!

Received from @Nique a great whale tail card, and I must say, where did you get this magical stamp? Is this the self-made postage? I love it! I have been whale watching a few times on both coasts and it is simply amazing. I do highly recommend it. Great stickers too, so cute!

2 Likes

Off of Etsy! My fave place to shop these days😉

So glad you liked it @katie333🤗

Thank you Merci beaucoup @truenorth_49 for the Winnipeg card! I have been there in 2002 on my way to Banff. Since I used to collect old teddy bears, I know everything about Winnie the Pooh! But didn’t not see the statue when I passed thru town! (Next visit it will be on my to-do list! With the french quarter of St-Boniface)

I also really like Silverchair, you have great taste in music! :star_struck:
Bonne soirée et à bientôt!

2 Likes