Month of Letters

I’m almost out of envelopes as well :joy::joy::joy: lockdown is destroying me XD

1 Like

I didn’t know about this event before, but this year I will definitely try to participate! already asked the addresses of all the friends, but they are terribly few. so if someone wants to exchange postcards or letters, then write to me)

2 Likes

Not sure how this will work out, but l am going to try and send, or at least write, a letter each day of February. If I don’t manage to write a letter, I have postcards to fall back on. :joy:

For those interested in people to write to, @ladymelody has an idea for a tag game for Month of Letters. You can see it here.

3 Likes

I’ve read this a little late, but I’m really excited to be part of this. During the Corona pandemic I’ve write postcards or little packages with suprises (not only masks…) to friend and family more often. But this is a really nice idea for further creativity which awakens in me more and more. Let’s try it! :wink:

One option for handmade envelopes

I use old calendars to make my own envelopes. The linked instructions call for glue gun but that’s a messy idea. I just use good glue sticks or double-sided tape.

3 Likes

In case you are still looking for addresses to send cards/letters to, may I recommend:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/birthday-request-my-lonely-filipina-mother-is-turning-70/57396

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion Marijn.
I have now filled every day for Month of Letters! Today, I am writing all of the address on postcards, or envelopes, as the case may be. Every letter will be ready to go out Monday, but will have to wait for it’s special day to hit the postbox.
Thank you Postcrossing for making this suggestion! It’s a lovely idea! Especially, as February is a tough winter month in Canada.
Helen

1 Like

Haha, wow!

I wrote some people/addresses in my calendar.

I am looking forward to it! Selecting postcards and composing a message brings so much joy, I will spread it out all over February.

2 Likes

I will join, too!

Count me in!

Helen (judohelen)

Hello!

I won’t be doing the challenge - sending a piece of mail every single day for a month is just too much for me. BUT, as I did for the last couple of years, I’ll happily reply to anyone who would like to send me mail! Just send me a personal message if you’d like to get my address.

I like writing letters and 3 out of the 4 people who wrote to me during the Month of Letters last year and the year before that became regular penpals, so this is a fun thing to do!

Geneviève

2 Likes

I don’t think I can because I was planning to do a really big lottery with LOTS of winners lol. So I need to save my stamps and mailing things

1 Like

I’m in. I think this is my 3rd year at Lettermo. It’s fun!

2 Likes

OMG! I just realized that tomorrow already is February 1st :scream:
I’m not prepared!

1 Like

@MicheleR welcome to the forum, and good luck for your 3rd Lettermo!

@lauranalanthalasa If you have a postcard and a stamp, you’re ready for this! :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you so much, Ana @meiadeleite! :pray:

I’ll report tomorrow :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This is my first Month of Letters. My only 2021 goal is to write more, almost everyday. I want to get in the habit of writing again. I have a few pieces of mail ready to pop in the mail box tomorrow!

1 Like

And the first in my month of letters goes to…drumroll please…MY MOM! (click summary below to see the card)

Summary

4 Likes

I love the Idea of month of letters :heart: Unfortunately I am too busy this year but I will definitely Join next year. But If someone still needs a receipient just send me a Message!

Of course you’d receive an answer to your card/letter! :slight_smile:

I am taking part! It’s my third year and I love the excitement of new letters in my postbox every day … and writing to so many lovely people too!

You convinced me! I’m doing monthly challenges this year so this will be my challenge for February :slight_smile: planned out what I’m going to send with a few ‘blank’ spaces which will inevitably by filled with Postcrossing postcards :slight_smile:

2 Likes